Subject: Regarding the message processing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 16:01:01 +0800

Hello,
     When I look into the rfc2209, I find the following
     sentence at page 4:
******************************************************************
If the message type is not PATH or PTEAR or RACK and if the IP
destination address does not match any of the addresses of the local
interfaces, then forward the message to IP destination address and
return.     
********************************************************************

    My question is why it must check the IP destination
    address if it match any of the address of the local
    interfaces.

    Since in the IP layer processing, it has checked the
    destination address. If the address if unicast address
    it must match local address, or it should be multicast
    address or broadcast address, then the IP module sends
    the packet to up layer for further processing.

    Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
 ward                          mailto:[email-masked]