Subject: Scalability of IntServ

From: "Frode Trydal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 10:41:23 +0100

I'm writing a report concerning IntServ and was wondering if some of you
can help me confirm why IntServ is told to be poor in the concern of
scaling. 

From my point of view, it is the increased number of lookups in the
reservation tables that, with a large number of reservations active,
results in increased delay in the routers and therefore make IntServ
scale poorly.

Can anybody confirm or deny this fact??

All views will be appreciated.

Regards
Frode Trydal

---

From: "Aniruddha S. Diwan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 08:06:20 -0500 (EST)

Dear Listmembers:

In the (G) Service class, how much are the following assumptions
valid?
(1) b >= C_i
If this need not be true, is there any reason/example/reference
for this?
(2) the C_i are identical if same scheduling policy is used at 
each NE on the route of a flow? If not, what makes the C_i unequal?

-with regards
-Aniruddha

---

From: "Aniruddha S. Diwan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 08:06:20 -0500 (EST)

Dear Listmembers:

-with regards
-Aniruddha