Subject: Traffic Control

From: Manoj Agiwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 12:57:14 +0530

Hi ,
   Is admission control,  part of an RSVP functionality . Admission control
is part of Traffic Control module which link dependent . Does Traffic
Control provides an interface for query of Admission control . What is the
clear boundary line between RSVP and Traffic Control .
Thanks ,
Manoj

---

From: Gabor Retvari <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:20:12 +0100

> clear boundary line between RSVP and Traffic Control .

Don't blame me if i'm wrong, but i think that the boundary between
RSVP core and the TC functionality is the so called
Link-layer-dependent adaptation layer (LLDAL) interface (in ISI's rsvp
implementation you find the LLDAL code in rsvp_LLkern.c).
TC provides platform dependent low level QoS management and Local
Admission Control and RSVP invokes TC through the well-defined LLDAL
interface.

	bye: rg++;