Subject: Timers in RSVP

From: Ratnakar Pai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:46:12 +0530

Hi ,	
    I have a few queries about timers implemented in RSVP

#1 Do we require to set the PATH Refresh Timer only if the local_only flag
is off?

#2 Where should the Refresh Timeout for PSB and RSB be stored  ? is it  in
the Session (for both PSB and RSB corresponding to it) ?
     
#3 When a PATH message arrives
	a. Is the Refresh Time(R) copied from the Time Values obj to the
PSB?
	b. Is The Refresh Timer setup with the Timeout R?
	c. in order to calculate the new interval(if applicable), when this
timer times out, a random number between 0.5R and 1.5R is used as the
interval ?
	d. and when the refresh message is sent the Time Value object is set
with a value = 1+SlewRate*R(from the PSB). ?

Thanks,
Ratnakar