Subject: looking for RAPI

From: "Peter Vandaele" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 12:04:02 +0200

Hello,

My name is Peter Vandaele and i work at the university of Ghent, Belgium. I 
am interested in RSVP and was wondering if it was possible to implement 
something.
I found the internet draft for RAPI (RSVP API), which gave a good 
description of what it can do. It didn't say however where i can find it.
What do i have to do to download the RAPI (library)? Is it available at the 
IETF site (via FTP maybe)?
I suppose it is freely available, but i have been looking across the net and 
i seem to be unable to locate it.

thank you very much in advance, sorry to be bothering you with this,

Peter
_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

---

From: Bob Lindell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 07:40:44 -0700

> i seem to be unable to locate it.

The APIs, RAPI and SCRAPI, are available with the ISI distribution
of RSVP.  See http://www.isi.edu/rsvp/release.html.  Also, applications
based on these APIs can be found in our applications release.

Bob Lindell

---

From: demir <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 11:00:03 -0700 (PDT)

Peter,
ISI's RSVP implementation comes with RAPI library
ftp://ftp.isi.edu/rsvp/release/
There is also "SCRAPI - A Simple 'Bare Bones' API for RSVP" on the site.

Alper K. Demir

---

From: demir <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 11:00:03 -0700 (PDT)

Peter,

Alper K. Demir

---

From: Kaustubh Phanse <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 15:19:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hi!

        From what I understand, the ISI RSVP distribution currently does
not support policy control (as the documentation mentions that the
"POLICY_OBJECT" is set to a default of NULL). However, has anyone extended
the ISI RSVP source to incorporate support for policy control?? Any
help/pointers in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

regards
Kaustubh    

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Kaustubh S. Phanse					  [email-masked]
 PhD student				       http://www.ee.vt.edu/~kphanse
 Alexandria Research Institute
 Electrical & Computer Engineering Department		               
 Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------