Subject: rsvp clear connection

From: "Hong Liao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 16:04:17 -0400

I have questions for disconnecting(clear connection).

1.  Suppose LSR received Path message from Ingress router, and LSR sent out
Resv message back.  If the LSR wanted to tear down this session, it will
send out ResvTear to Ingress router, and Ingress router will take out the
Resv state of LSR, and do not response back anything, this session will be
ended. I may wrong.

2.  another way round, if there is LSR and it  forwarded Path message to
Egress router, and Egress router sent back Resv message to LSR, suppose the
LSR wants to tear down this session, it will send out the PathTear to the
Egress router, and Egress router will move the Path state of LSR, do not
response anything, this session is ended. Did I understand correct?

3. If the Ingress router sends out the Path message, but the no Resv
message sent back from LSR, does Ingress router need to send out PathTear
to clear the path state in case that this Path state has already been sent
there.

4.  How about the transit router to try to clear/tear down the session?

Can you help me to understand more of the RSVP protocol.

Thanks in an advance.