Subject: Refresh Reduction

From: Manoj Agiwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 15:47:26 +0530

Hi ,
    Why there is a Message ID Object in the SRefresh message .
 Will there be any processing based on this message ID .
Regards ,
Manoj

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 06:47:37 -0500 (EST)

Hello Manoj,

The Srefresh message is used to refresh Resv state and Path state of the
LSP tunnels.  This is accomplished by referencing the Path and Resv
messages by their associated MESSAGE_ID objects.

I would suggest processing these objects to maintain state.  If a
MESSAGE_ID object stops appearing in a Srefresh message I think that it
should be timed out and the LSP torn down.

Please let me know if I am wrong.

Thanks,
-Ben