Subject: who chooses style!

From: Swayam Prakash <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 14:34:36 +0530

Hi
 Who has the knowledge of choosing the style of reservation. Which style
has to be used is this decided by Receiver application or the node
itself decides!!!!.

-Swayam

---

From: "Raghavan Chakravarthy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 15:24:43 +0530

V SP,
I have some knowledge of that :-)
It is the receiver node that decides on the style. There are a set of
possible reservation styles  for each session. Each such session would have
its own style. Senders have no choice on the receiver style.  It is because
in a multicast environment it leads to scaling problems if sender has to
maintain the reservation and the associated information for every receiver.
Receiver can choose differnet reservation styles for different LSPs. You may
refer to the draft or RFC3209 at:
ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3209.txt
-Raghavan