Subject: tear down messages

From: Rosella Greco <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 15:13:40 +0200

hi all,
  I was reading on the 2205 RFC about hte tear down messages. It is 
written that a teardown request can be initiated by a router as a result 
of a state timeout. I thought about this situation:
There as been a change route along the path and the new path merge again 
the old one further downstream. 
----------- *-----------*-----------*---------------
                  |                                     |
                   |                                    |
                   * ---------*------------*

A node along the old path will generate tear down message after a 
timeout. That will erase the reservation along the old path but even 
along the new path.
Is this situation plausible? How RSVP menage to cope with that?
Thanks for your help and attention
              Rosella

---

From: "Suman S K" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 19:55:58 +0530

Route change will trigger PATH message in the newly formed downstream,
hence old node will update the next hop information. 
So following tear down message will not affect the old node.
Please correct me if wrong.

Regards
Suman

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Rosella
Greco
Sent: Tuesday, 16 April 2002 6:44 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: tear down messages

hi all,

***************************************************************************
This message is proprietary to Future Software Limited (FSL) 
and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it
is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information 
and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for 
what it is intended. 

If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. 
FSL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from 
the use of the information transmitted by this email including
damage from virus.
***************************************************************************