Subject: RTFM is not listed in the Active Working Groups

From: Ed Goldgehn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 18:43:23 -0500 (EST)

I was just visiting the directory of Active IETF Working Groups
and either I'm blind or the Realtime Traffic Flow Measurement
group disappeared in the last update.

=====================================================================
Ed Goldgehn, Vice President/CTO              E-Mail: [email-masked]
SwitchCo, Inc.                                 Voice:  (770) 514-6313
=====================================================================

---

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 18:00:56 +1300 (New Zealand Daylight Time)

> group disappeared in the last update.

You're not blind.  Since the RTFM drafts were published (RFC 2720-2724) 
on 4 Nov 99, we've completed out charter.  So we're now inactive, i.e.
not working on any current work items.

However, following the informal meeting at the DC IETF, we are continuing
to work on a small set of the New Attributes.  The idea is to define
a set which are REALLY USEFUL for network monitoring, and produce an
info RFC describing them, so that IANA can assign attribute numbers for 
them.

I'll post the results of the recent work I've been doing on this real
soon now!

Cheers, Nevil

+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Nevil Brownlee                     Director, Technology Development |
| Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x8941        ITSS, The University of Auckland |
|   FAX: +64 9 373 7021      Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------P