Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bfd-intervals-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 11:06:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Bidirectional Forwarding Detection Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Common Interval Support in Bidirectional Forwarding Detection
        Authors         : Nobo Akiya
                          Marc Binderberger
                          Greg Mirsky
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bfd-intervals-05.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-10-14

Abstract:
   Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) requires that messages are
   transmitted at regular intervals and provides a way to negotiate the
   interval used by BFD peers.  Some BFD implementations may be
   restricted to only support several interval values.  When such BFD
   implementations speak to each other, there is a possibility of two
   sides not being able to find a common value for the interval to run
   BFD sessions.

   This document updates RFC 5880 by defining a small set of interval
   values for BFD that we call "Common Intervals", and recommends
   implementations to support the defined intervals.  This solves the
   problem of finding an interval value that both BFD speakers can
   support while allowing a simplified implementation as seen for
   hardware-based BFD.  It does not restrict an implementation from
   supporting more intervals in addition to the Common Intervals.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfd-intervals/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfd-intervals-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bfd-intervals-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/