Subject: Working Group Last Call on BFD YANG model - round 2, RFC 9127-bis ending 14 January, 2022

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 14:17:43 -0500

Working Group,

This begins a second round of Working Group Last Call on the RFC 9127-bis
work.  

As a reminder, this is primarily to address making the YANG grouping for
client-cfg-parms have its timers made conditional on a feature supporting
them.  This avoids implementors of importing models from needing to
deviate those leaves out of existence if their implementation doesn't
support them.

The prior round of comments was mostly driven by what method we would
deliver the necessary changes.  The intent to simply re-issue the prior
version of the RFC was primarily complicated by the presence of the
iana-bfd-types module originally published in RFC 9127.  We don't get to
publish that again.

The YANG doctors were consulted about the proposed next version that is up
for your review.  The primary feedback was that while it is possible to do
much less work by publishing only the changed modules, that it's
procedurally okay for us to do this republish of the content.

Please let us know if you think this document is ready for publication.

-- Jeff and Reshad

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2022 10:33:51 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bfd-rfc9127-bis-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Bidirectional Forwarding Detection WG of the IETF.

        Title           : YANG Data Model for Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD)
        Authors         : Mahesh Jethanandani
                          Reshad Rahman
                          Lianshu Zheng
                          Santosh Pallagatti
                          Greg Mirsky
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bfd-rfc9127-bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 68
	Date            : 2022-01-04

Abstract:
   This document defines a YANG data model that can be used to configure
   and manage Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD).

   The YANG modules in this document conform to the Network Management
   Datastore Architecture (NMDA) (RFC 8342).  This document updates YANG
   Data Model for Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) (RFC 9127).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfd-rfc9127-bis/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bfd-rfc9127-bis-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bfd-rfc9127-bis-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

----- End forwarded message -----

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 19:59:08 +0000

This version looks ready to me. I support publication. 

Thanks,
Acee

On 1/5/22, 2:18 PM, "Rtg-bfd on behalf of Jeffrey Haas" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    Working Group,

    -- Jeff and Reshad

    ----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

    Abstract:

    ----- End forwarded message -----

---

From: Jeff Tantsura <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 15:45:16 -0800

Yes/support

Cheers,

Jeff

From: Jeffrey Haas
Sent: Wednesday, January 5, 2022 11:17 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Working Group Last Call on BFD YANG model - round 2, RFC 9127-bis ending 14 January, 2022

Working Group,

work.

support them.

publish that again.

-- Jeff and Reshad

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

Cc: [email-masked]

Reshad Rahman

Lianshu Zheng

Santosh Pallagatti

Greg Mirsky

Pages           : 68

Date            : 2022-01-04

Abstract:

----- End forwarded message -----

---

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 13:24:13 -0800

I support the publication of the updated BFD YANG data model (as the
co-author).

Regards,
Greg

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 16:36:40 -0500

Just a reminder that WGLC for this ends on Friday.  Your review is greatly
appreciated.

-- Jeff

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 21:57:49 +0000

I support publication of the latest version of the draft (I had supported the previous version as well).  
Thanks,
Acee

On 1/11/22, 4:37 PM, "Rtg-bfd on behalf of Jeffrey Haas" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    -- Jeff

---

From: Gyan Mishra <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 18:48:40 -0500

I support publication.

Kind Regards

Gyan

On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 2:17 PM Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]> wrote:

> --

<http://www.verizon.com/>

*Gyan Mishra*

*Network Solutions A**rchitect *

*Email [email-masked] <[email-masked]>*

*M 301 502-1347*

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 11:58:26 -0500

This ends the Working Group Last Call for draft-ietf-bfd-rfc9127-bis.

The document has been submitted to the IESG for publication.

Thank you all for your efforts on this document.

-- Jeff