Subject: A draft on TTL partition security mechanism

From: Miao Fuyou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:34:43 +0800

Hi, all,

I submitted a draft and it is published:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-miao-ttl-partition-00.txt

The draft proposes a security mechanism based on "TTL Partition". SP network
and customer/user network use different TTL range. SP edge router checks and
updates the TTL from customer/user network to make sure TTL is properly
"partitioned". Router in SP network dropped any packets destinating to
itself if the TTL is not fall in TTL range of SP network. Te draft is
proposed to complement GTSM.

Miao Fuyou
Wireline Research
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
TEL: 86-10-8288 2502

_______________________________________________
Rtgwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtgwg