Subject: RTGWG Composite Link Framework

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 15:53:36 -0500

The Composite Link Framework 05 draft has been submitted.

  http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-so-yong-rtgwg-cl-framework/

It is very substantially changed from prior versions.

The following three documents are related to Composite Link:

  Requirements for MPLS Over a Composite Link
  http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement/

  Composite Link USe Cases and Design Considerations
  http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-symmvo-rtgwg-cl-use-cases/

  Composite Link Framework in Multi Protocol Label Switching (MPLS)
  http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-so-yong-rtgwg-cl-framework/

The first is a WG document.  We would the WG to consider accepting the
other two documents as WG documents after the upcoming meeting.

We would appreciate discussion on the RTGWG mailing list.

Thanks,

Curtis

---

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 16:39:05 -0400

I would strongly recommend reading at least the substantially extended
and improved Composite Link Framework draft.  We do not have a lot of
time in our agenda to discuss the composite-link work - so informed
discussion on the list and in our meeting would be quite useful.

Speaking personally, I found that the new version addresses my
concerns about translating the requirements into details of existing
technology, needed extensions, and trade-offs.

The WG has been waiting on draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement until there
was a framework draft that was sufficiently mature.

I would also recommend reading the new draft-symmvo-rtgwg-cl-use-cases.

Thanks,
Alia

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 3:53 PM, Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> rtgwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtgwg