Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement-10.txt> (Requirements for Composite Links in MPLS Networks) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 07:00:08 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Routing Area Working Group WG
(rtgwg) to consider the following document:
- 'Requirements for Composite Links in MPLS Networks'
  <draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement-10.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-06-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   There is often a need to provide large aggregates of bandwidth that
   are best provided using parallel links between routers or MPLS LSR.
   In core networks there is often no alternative since the aggregate
   capacities of core networks today far exceed the capacity of a single
   physical link or single packet processing element.

   The presence of parallel links, with each link potentially comprised
   of multiple layers has resulted in additional requirements.  Certain
   services may benefit from being restricted to a subset of the
   component links or a specific component link, where component link
   characteristics, such as latency, differ.  Certain services require
   that an LSP be treated as atomic and avoid reordering.  Other
   services will continue to require only that reordering not occur
   within a microflow as is current practice.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.