Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-architecture-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 09:58:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : An Architecture for IP/LDP Fast-Reroute Using Maximally Redundant Trees
        Authors         : Alia Atlas
                          Robert Kebler
                          Chris Bowers
                          Gabor Sandor Enyedi
                          Andras Csaszar
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Russ White
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-architecture-05.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2015-01-19

Abstract:
   With increasing deployment of Loop-Free Alternates (LFA) [RFC5286],
   it is clear that a complete solution for IP and LDP Fast-Reroute is
   required.  This specification provides that solution.  IP/LDP Fast-
   Reroute with Maximally Redundant Trees (MRT-FRR) is a technology that
   gives link-protection and node-protection with 100% coverage in any
   network topology that is still connected after the failure.

   MRT removes all need to engineer for coverage.  MRT is also extremely
   computationally efficient.  For any router in the network, the MRT
   computation is less than the LFA computation for a node with three or
   more neighbors.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-architecture/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-architecture-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-architecture-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/