Subject: RFC 7490 on Remote Loop-Free Alternate (LFA) Fast Reroute (FRR)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 20:13:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7490

        Title:      Remote Loop-Free Alternate (LFA) Fast 
                    Reroute (FRR) 
        Author:     S. Bryant, C. Filsfils,
                    S. Previdi, M. Shand, N. So
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 66207
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rtgwg-remote-lfa-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7490

This document describes an extension to the basic IP fast reroute
mechanism, described in RFC 5286, that provides additional backup
connectivity for point-to-point link failures when none can be
provided by the basic mechanisms.

This document is a product of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC