Subject: progressing draft-ietf-rtgwg-mofrr-06

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 15:19:33 -0400

As is usual, I have done my AD review of draft-ietf-rtgwg-mofrr-06.  I
don't have any specific comments on the text(assuming that the RFC Editor
will pick up the typos I saw).  However, I do see a couple gaps that I
think would be very useful to address.   Feel free to convince me otherwise
- but I think these will make for a stronger RFC.

It would have been nice to have a sentence or two in there that considered
the operational and troubleshooting aspects of MoFRR.  For instance, can
mtrace work?  Would lsp-ping fail to work on the secondary UMH because of
packets being dropped?

I also recall a private discussion about the interaction of MoFRR and IGP
reconvergence after a failure and whether there can be relevant
micro-forwarding loops as a result.  It would be very useful to have a
sentence or two in this draft that discusses whether micro-forwarding loops
are a concern that can either be frequently avoided because the secondary
UMH or that needs to be considered in modeling or....

I'd welcome discussion to clarify these two aspects while the draft is in
IETF Last Call.  I'd like to have these resolved by May 7 so that it can be
on the IESG telechat on May 15.

Thanks for the good work,
Alia