Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-rtgwg-mofrr-06.txt> (Multicast only Fast Re-Route) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 12:37:01 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Routing Area Working Group WG
(rtgwg) to consider the following document:
- 'Multicast only Fast Re-Route'
  <draft-ietf-rtgwg-mofrr-06.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-04-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   As IPTV deployments grow in number and size, service providers are
   looking for solutions that minimize the service disruption due to
   faults in the IP network carrying the packets for these services.
   This document describes a mechanism for minimizing packet loss in a
   network when node or link failures occur.  Multicast only Fast Re-
   Route (MoFRR) works by making simple enhancements to multicast
   routing protocols such as PIM and mLDP.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-mofrr/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-mofrr/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2378/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2332/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1127/