Subject: YANG data models in RTGWG: extraction and compilation feedback

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 10:42:47 +0100

Dear all,

I looked at the YANG models in the RTGWG WG documents, from a 
compilation point of view (NOT from a YANG design point of view):

    [1] http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-key-chain/
    [2] http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-rip/
    [3] http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model/

See the compilation results, updated daily, at 
http://www.claise.be/IETFYANGPageCompilation.html

[1] and [2] extract and compile without problems. Great.

_http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model/_

Now that this document is an IETF WG document, you must correct this 
warnings given by pyang --ietf
Only one is mentioned, but you have the same error for the second module.

    routing-policy.yang:1: warning: RFC 6087: 4.1: the module name
    should start with one of the strings "ietf-" or "iana-"
    routing-policy.yang:4: warning: RFC 6087: 4.8: namespace value
    should be "urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:routing-policy"

OLD:

        <CODE BEGINS> file routing-policy.yang
        module routing-policy {

          yang-version "1";

          // namespace
          namespace "http://openconfig.net/yang/routing-policy";

NEW:

        <CODE BEGINS> file "ietf-routing-policy.yang"
        module ietf-routing-policy {

          yang-version "1";

          // namespace
          namespace "urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:ietf-routing-policy";

Please update your draft accordingly.

Regards, Benoit