Subject: progressing & AD review of draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection-08

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 11:31:26 -0500

As is customary, I have done my AD review of
draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection-08.  First, I would like to thank the
authors - Pushpasis, Shraddha, Chris, Hannes, and Stephane - for their work
on this well-written document.

I do not have any substantial comments from my review, so I am happy to
request an IETF Last Call on this and have scheduled it for the Jan 19 IESG
telechat.

My one comment is that it would be useful to have a slightly larger clear
example where the primary path has multiple ECMP next-hop nodes.  This can
be a point of complexity and is not really described clearly as such.

Thanks,
Alia

---

From: Pushpasis Sarkar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 09:36:17 +0530

Hi Alia,

Many many thanks for the comments.

Regarding your comment on an example with multiple ecmp primary next-hop
nodes, is it okay if we include it as a separate section? I do have an
example in mind, but am not sure including it directly in the problem
statement will complicate it for the readers to understand it, or not.

I will wait for your suggestion on the above. :)

Thanks and regards,
-Pushpasis

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 10:01 PM, Alia Atlas <[email-masked]> wrote:

> As is customary, I have done my AD review of draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection-08.
> First, I would like to thank the authors - Pushpasis, Shraddha, Chris,
> Hannes, and Stephane - for their work on this well-written document.
>

---

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 23:12:27 -0500

Hi Pushpasis,

Sure - a separate section is fine.  A detailed example would be useful for
those who don't have years of
thinking through the different cases yet.

Thanks,
Alia

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 11:06 PM, Pushpasis Sarkar <[email-masked]
> wrote:

>> draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection-08.  First, I would like to thank
>> the authors - Pushpasis, Shraddha, Chris, Hannes, and Stephane - for their
>> work on this well-written document.
>>

---

From: Pushpasis Sarkar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2016 00:36:09 +0530

Hi Alia,

As suggested, I have added a new section on how to compute node-protecting
R-LFA paths for destinations with multiple ECMP primary nexthops, and
uploaded the 09 version.

Request you to review the same and let us know your feedback and comments.

Thanks and Regards,
-Pushpasis

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Alia Atlas <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 11:06 PM, Pushpasis Sarkar <
> [email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Alia,
>>
>>> My one comment is that it would be useful to have a slightly larger
>>> clear example where the primary path has multiple ECMP next-hop nodes.
>>> This can be a point of complexity and is not really described clearly as
>>> such.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Alia
>>>
>>
>>
>