Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection-11.txt

From: Pushpasis Sarkar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 08:46:17 +0530

Hi RTGWG members,

I have uploaded another version of this draft addressing all the IESG
review comments received so far. Request you all review it once more and
let me know if you have any comments.

Thanks and Regards,
-Pushpasis

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 8:41 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection-11.txt
To: Pushpasis Sarkar <[email-masked]>, Shraddha Hegde <
[email-masked]>, Chris Bowers <[email-masked]>, Hannes Gredler <
[email-masked]>, Stephane Litkowski <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection-11.txt
has been successfully submitted by Pushpasis Sarkar and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection
Revision:       11
Title:          Remote-LFA Node Protection and Manageability
Document date:  2017-01-20
Group:          rtgwg
Pages:          21
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-
node-protection-11.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-
node-protection/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-
protection-11
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-
node-protection-11

Abstract:
   The loop-free alternates computed following the current Remote-LFA
   specification guarantees only link-protection.  The resulting Remote-
   LFA nexthops (also called PQ-nodes), may not guarantee node-
   protection for all destinations being protected by it.

   This document describes an extension to the Remote Loop-Free based IP
   fast reroute mechanisms described in [RFC7490], that describes
   procedures for determining if a given PQ-node provides node-
   protection for a specific destination or not.  The document also
   shows how the same procedure can be utilized for collection of
   complete characteristics for alternate paths.  Knowledge about the
   characteristics of all alternate path is precursory to apply operator
   defined policy for eliminating paths not fitting constraints.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat