Subject: Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-rtgwg-ni-model-08: (with COMMENT)

From: Mirja Kühlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 02:46:01 -0800

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-rtgwg-ni-model-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-ni-model/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Two minor editorial comments:

1) Sec 1.2: I'm surprised to see an open issue listed here. Is there already
any plan to address this somehow or is that listed to inform the reader,
however, in the second case I would probably rather call it 'limitation' or
something like this...

2) Sec 2: "In this document, we consider network devices that support protocols
   and functions defined within the IETF Routing Area, e.g, routers,
   firewalls, and hosts. "
I assume that this yang module can also be used for routing protocols and
functions that have not been defined in the IETF?

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 23:12:24 +0000

Hi Mirja, 

On 2/5/18, 5:46 AM, "Mirja Kühlewind" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    

I've removed it.

Yes - but we are only "considering" protocols and functions defined in the IETF. I'll remove "Routing Area". 

Thanks,
Acee