Subject: Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-rtgwg-ni-model-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2018 01:45:32 -0800

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-rtgwg-ni-model-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-ni-model/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Same remark as in https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-lne-model/ballot/#benoit-claise
The title should be: "YANG module for network instance"

This document is NMDA compliant. I should be clearly mentioned. Like in the RFC7223bis abstract.

No need to repeat the tree-diagram reference in:

   The NI model can be represented using the tree format defined in
   [I-D.ietf-netmod-yang-tree-diagrams] as:

Like for the LNE YANG module, you still have the -state in the example.

================================================================
Some more feedback from Martin Bjorklund, as YANG doctor:

In 3.1 they have:

   The network-instance module is structured to facilitate the
   definition of information models for specific types
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This should probably be "data models"

--------------------------------

In 3.1 they show the pre-NMDA split tree:

    augment "/ni:network-instances/ni:network-instance/ni:ni-type" {
      case l3vpn {
        container l3vpn {
            ...
        }
        container l3vpn-state {
            ...
        }
      }
    }

this should be just:

    augment "/ni:network-instances/ni:network-instance/ni:ni-type" {
      case l3vpn {
        container l3vpn {
            ...
        }
      }
    }

--------------------------------

same in 3.1.2:

           +--rw (ni-type)?
           |  +--:(l3vpn)
           |     +--rw l3vpn:l3vpn
           |     |  ... // config data
           |     +--ro l3vpn:l3vpn-state
           |     |  ... // state data

should be

           +--rw (ni-type)?
           |  +--:(l3vpn)
           |     +--rw l3vpn:l3vpn
           |     |  ...

-------------------

The example in appendix B.2 uses "ietf-routing:routing-state" and
"ietf-interfaces:interfaces-state" but that node is pre-NMDA, and
deprecated in 8022bis and 7022bis.  This example should probably be
updated.