Subject: Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-rtgwg-lne-model-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2018 05:35:10 -0800

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-rtgwg-lne-model-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-lne-model/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

As several others have noted, the major concerns below from the Gen-ART
reviewer need to be addressed:

Section 4 listed three data nodes that are sensitive or vulnerable:
   -  /logical-network-elements/logical-network-element
   -  /logical-network-elements/logical-network-element/managed
   -  /if:interfaces/if:interface/bind-lne-name

All three of them deserve a bit more discussion, although the middle
one is covered in much more detail than the other two.  If a bad actor
gets "unauthorized access" is there something more specific about each
of these that can be said?  The characterization of "network
malfunctions, delivery of packets to inappropriate destinations, and
other problems" seems very broad.  Consequences that are specific to
these data nodes would be more helpful to the reader.