Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtgwg-backoff-algo-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 06:30:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : SPF Back-off Delay algorithm for link state IGPs
        Authors         : Bruno Decraene
                          Stephane Litkowski
                          Hannes Gredler
                          Acee Lindem
                          Pierre Francois
                          Chris Bowers
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtgwg-backoff-algo-10.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2018-03-19

Abstract:
   This document defines a standard algorithm to temporarily postpone or
   'back-off' link-state IGP Shortest Path First (SPF) computations.
   This reduces the computational load and churn on IGP nodes when
   multiple temporally close network events trigger multiple SPF
   computations.

   Having one standard algorithm improves interoperability by reducing
   the probability and/or duration of transient forwarding loops during
   the IGP convergence when the IGP reacts to multiple temporally close
   IGP events.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-backoff-algo/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtgwg-backoff-algo-10
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-rtgwg-backoff-algo-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtgwg-backoff-algo-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/