Subject: Protocol Action: 'YANG Model for Logical Network Elements' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-rtgwg-lne-model-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 13:03:38 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'YANG Model for Logical Network Elements'
  (draft-ietf-rtgwg-lne-model-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Routing Area Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-lne-model/

Technical Summary

  This document describes a YANG data model for Logical Network Elements (LNEs).  
  A network device may divide its resources into logical network elements (LNEs), 
  each of which provides a managed logical device. The module defined in this document 
  is used to support multiple LNEs on a single physical or virtual system, create LNEs and 
  allocate host resource to a given LNE.

Working Group Summary

  This draft has been thoroughly discussed in the WG.
  The draft adoption and progress has received full support from the WG.
  All comments have been addressed.  The draft is ready for publication.

Document Quality

The draft went through initial reviews by YANG-Doctors and the quality is good.
The proposed model has at least one known implementation.

Personnel

   Yingzhen Qu is the Document Shepherd.
  Alia Atlas is the Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note:

Please update first sentence of Abstract from:

"This document defines a logical network element YANG module."
to:
This document defines a logical network element NMDA-compliant YANG module."

and the first line of the Introduction from:

"This document defines a YANG [RFC6020] module to support the creation
of logical network elements on a network device. "
to:
"This document defines an NMDA-compliant YANG [RFC6020] module to support the
creation of logical network elements on a network device. "

This is to make sure the point is captured. Authors & RFC Editor are welcome
to improve the text or change how the point is made.