Subject: IGP TE Metric Extensions

From: Muthu Arul Mozhi Perumal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 06:36:58 +0530

Both RFC 7810 and RFC 7471 say that:

   The measurement interval, any filter coefficients, and any
   advertisement intervals MUST be configurable per sub-TLV.

   Additionally, the default measurement interval for all sub-TLVs
   SHOULD be 30 seconds.

However, both RFCs initially say that they only describe mechanisms for
disseminating performance information and methods of measurements is
outside their scope.

Moreover, for a first time reader, it seems to suggest that the measurement
interval and filter coefficient must be supported and configurable under
the IGP. In a system supporting multiple IGPs, I would expect that they be
implemented outside the IGP and the IGPs just disseminate the information
provided to them.

Thoughts, especially from an implementation standpoint?

Regards,
Muthu

---

From: Jeff Tantsura <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 23:07:03 -0700

Muthu,

LSR would be a more suitable list to post to, CCed.

Regards,
Jeff

> On May 30, 2018, at 18:06, Muthu Arul Mozhi Perumal <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Muthu