Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtgwg-arp-yang-model-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 10:13:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : YANG Data Model for ARP
        Authors         : Feng Zheng
                          Bo Wu
                          Robert Wilton
                          Xiaojian Ding
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtgwg-arp-yang-model-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2018-08-24

Abstract:
   This document defines a YANG data model for the management of the
   Address Resolution Protocol (ARP).  It extends the basic ARP
   functionality contained in the ietf-ip YANG data model, defined in
   RFC 8344, to provide management of optional ARP features and
   statistics.

   The YANG data model in this document conforms to the Network
   Management Datastore Architecture defined in RFC 8342.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-arp-yang-model/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtgwg-arp-yang-model-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-rtgwg-arp-yang-model-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtgwg-arp-yang-model-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Robert Wilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 18:17:23 +0100

The -01 version fixes some of the comments raised during WG adoption, 
but further work is in progress to improve the language, so expect a 
properly updated version before the IETF 103.

Thanks,
Rob

On 24/08/2018 18:13, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> rtgwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtgwg
> .
>

---

From: tom petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 16:59:59 +0000

Rob

Good to see my comments addressed.

While you are at it

- YANG module copyright is 2016 which will get fixed but makes me notice
...

- Security Considerations is not the current template; should have
Normative References to SSH and TLS

- s5.1 has
draft [I-D.ietf-netmod-rfc7277bis]).
which is now an RFC

- IANA Considerations references RFC7950.  As I learnt lately, RFC6020
is better here as all RFC7950 does is point you to RFC6020

-
"MAC address in the format of H-H-H, in which H is a
 hexadecimal number of 1 to 4 bits.";

If H has a maximum of 4 bits, then you have a 12 bit address, not quite
the MAC I see these days!  I wonder if it is better to leave this out
and let readers refer to RFC6991.

Tom Petch