Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-rtgwg-multihomed-prefix-lfa-07.txt> (LFA selection for Multi-Homed Prefixes) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 06:14:41 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Routing Area Working Group WG
(rtgwg) to consider the following document: - 'LFA selection for Multi-Homed
Prefixes'
  <draft-ietf-rtgwg-multihomed-prefix-lfa-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-10-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document shares experience gained from implementing algorithms
   to determine Loop-Free Alternates for multi-homed prefixes.  In
   particular, this document provides explicit inequalities that can be
   used to evaluate neighbors as a potential alternates for multi-homed
   prefixes.  It also provides detailed criteria for evaluating
   potential alternates for external prefixes advertised by OSPF ASBRs.
   This documents updates and expands some of the "Routing Aspects" as
   specified in Section 6 of RFC 5286.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-multihomed-prefix-lfa/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-multihomed-prefix-lfa/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2747/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2477/

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc5714: IP Fast Reroute Framework (Informational - IETF stream)