Subject: Draft Minutes

From: Sally Hambridge <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:39:32 PST

Group - here are the draft minutes of the meeting.

Let me know what I missed by next Wednesday (11/17) and
I'll forward to April.

Sally
[email-masked]

        Minutes - Responsible Use of the Network (RUN) Working Group
                   46th IETF, Washington DC November 8, 1999

Chair: Sally Hambridge

Mailing List: [email-masked]

The RUN Working Group met and spent most of the time
working on draft-ietf-run-adverts-01.txt.  Many small issues
surfaced, and were addressed, such as providing citation
for law suits, changing Netnews groups to newsgroups, and
changing the "persistant state information" terminology
to "cookies", which will probably be better understood
by the intended audience.

We also decided to change the title and abstract to focus
on mailing lists and newgroups rather than on advertising in
general, since the draft advocates opt-in as the only
acceptable mechaism.  We will continue to include the
information on Web advertising, but the focus of the
document will be toward mail or newsgroup advertising.

We had a short discussion on whether RUN should become
involved in the area of priavcy, but decided this should
be referred to the Internet Societal Task Force.  We
believe that socital issues will probably have more impact
if addressed in that arena.

---

From: "Gavin, Ted (COR-EX)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 13:50:52 -0500

Hey everyone!

I'm travelling this week, experiencing the wonder and awe that is sunny
Minneapolis, MN.

I'll start posting some changes next week!

Ted

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Sally Hambridge [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, November 12, 1999 12:40 PM
> To:   [email-masked]
> Subject:      Draft Minutes
>