Subject: We've got lift-off

From: Sally Hambridge <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 10:40:02 PST

In case you didn't see this....

Thanks very much to Ted and April for getting the DOC
to this stage.  We can now have recess.

Sally
[email-masked]

>From [email-masked] Fri Mar 16 09:30:18 2001
To: IETF-Announce:;@loki.ietf.org
Cc: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>, IANA <[email-masked]>
Cc: Internet Architecture Board <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Subject: Document Action: How to Advertise Responsibly Using the E-Mail
         and Newsgroups or- how NOT to $$$$$ MAKE ENEMIES FAST $$$$$ to
         Informational
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 10:38:14 -0500
Sender: [email-masked]
Status: R

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'How to Advertise Responsibly
Using the E-Mail and Newsgroups or- how NOT to $$$$$ MAKE ENEMIES FAST
$$$$$' <draft-ietf-run-adverts-02.txt> as a Informational.  This
document is the product of the Responsible Use of the Network Working
Group.  The IESG contact person is April Marine.

Note to RFC Editor:

The IESG respectfully requests the following be added prior to
publication as an RFC:

Security Considerations

This memo offers suggestions for responsible advertising techniques that
can be used via the Internet.  It does not raise or address security
issues, but special attention should be paid to the section on "Privacy."
While not strictly a network security consideration, privacy
considerations can have legal ramifications that deserve special
attention.

---

From: Ted Gavin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 14:15:33 -0500

>to this stage.  We can now have recess.

I'm all verklempt <sniff>

Thanks, everyone!

Ted