Subject: call for participation - Abuse-Practices mailing list

From: Chip Rosenthal <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 12:01:42 -0500

(NOTE: This announcement is being sent to: 1) some spam-oriented
    mailing lists in which I participate, 2) Spamcon attendees who
    requested notification, and 3) some personal friends who I thought
    might be interested.  Spamcon attendees -- you must subscribe
    to participate.  I do NOT intend to send further mailings to the
    addresses I collected.)

A new mailing list called Abuse-Practices is being formed.  The purpose
of this list is to develop and document best practices for Internet
abuse handling and Internet use policies.  If you have any interest
or experience in spam or other Internet abuse handling, I hope you
will join this list.

I proposed an Abuse-Practices list at the 2001 Spamcon conference
<http://www.spamcon.con/>.  Support was phenomenal.  About 60% of
the attendees signed a list expressing interest in participating.
I believe there is a need for this document, and we could do some
valuable work.

For more information, please visit the list web page at:

    http://www.unicom.com/mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo/abuse-practices

You can subscribe on this web page.  Or, send email to
<[email-masked]> with the word "subscribe" in the
subject.