Subject: [sacm] preparing for the BOF in Atlanta

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 19:36:37 +0200

Hi, 

I am the other BOF chair, the one who is not Kathleen. As some of you
know I was an OPS AD for a while, and although I am not a SACM expert I
am a fast and enthusiastic learner. I am here to help runing a
successful BOF, and I will welcome all the help I can get. 

We have only a few weeks left until the Atlanta IETF. We need a focused
effort to create the material and put together the information that will
help the IESG decide whether there is enough interest, expertise, active
contributors and implementers that will allow for the creation of a new
WG, or what further actions need to be undertaken until such a decision
can be reached. 

>From Sean's message speaking as shepherding AD I understand that he
expects contributions that will help focus the work, explain what's
proposed for the IETF and what's not, what are the proposed entities to
support sacm, how proposals relate to already published work in this
space. 

To remind everybody, the important meeting dates for I-D submissions
are: 

*2012-10-15 (Monday): Internet Draft Cut-off for initial document (-00)
submission by UTC 24:00
*2012-10-22 (Monday): Internet Draft final submission cut-off by UTC
24:00

We strongly prefer that all agenda slots that will be used at the BOF be
based upon I-Ds. 

Let us get to work. 

Regards,

Dan

---

From: Adam Montville <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 20:11:32 +0000

> Hi, 

Hi, Dan.  Welcome!

> WG, or what further actions need to be undertaken until such a decision

Are you up to date with what has transpired on the list so far?  We have a proposed charter, draft use case document, draft Asset Identification document, and a draft Asset Summary Reporting document.  The use cases need some additional work, I think, and I'm sure there are comments on the AI and ASR documents, though I have yet to see any come across this list.

> We strongly prefer that all agenda slots that will be used at the BOF be

What are the agenda slots that are taken, but do not yet have an associated I-D?

> 
> Let us get to work. 
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Dan
> 
> _______________________________________________
> sacm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sacm
>

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 10:59:59 +0200

Hi Adam, 

See in-line. 

Regards,

Dan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Adam Montville [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 10:12 PM

...

> 
> 
> Are you up to date with what has transpired on the list so far?  We
have
> a proposed charter, draft use case document, draft Asset
Identification
> document, and a draft Asset Summary Reporting document.  The use cases
> need some additional work, I think, and I'm sure there are comments on
> the AI and ASR documents, though I have yet to see any come across
this
> list.
[[DR]] Yes, I have read the I-Ds, and part of the discussions on the
list. I have my own questions and comments, and I would invite everybody
to send their own comments to the list. 

> > We strongly prefer that all agenda slots that will be used at the
BOF
> be

[[DR]] The proposed phase one in the charter includes much more items
than the material covered by now in the I-Ds. Of course, not all these
items need to be discussed at the BOF, but it's better that by the time
we propose items for the charter the thinking and original directions
are already documented in I-Ds.