Subject: [sacm] Announcing SCAP Messages for IF-M specification

From: "Schmidt, Charles M." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 16:36:44 +0000

Hello all,

I would like to announce that the Trusted Computing Group (TCG) has just
released the "SCAP Messages for IF-M" draft specification for public
comment. This specification describes a proposed standard for using TCG's
Trusted Network Connect (TNC) (and, by extension, IETF's Network Endpoint
Assessment (NEA)) to exchange SCAP content and direct SCAP assessments. Our
goal with this specification is to bridge the existing communities of SCAP
users and TNC users by standardizing the use of SCAP data formats and
assessment conventions with TNC network protocols and functional components.

The specification is currently open for public comment. You can download the
specification at
http://www.trustedcomputinggroup.org/resources/tnc_scap_messages_for_ifm.
We are especially interested in getting input from vendors and users of both
SCAP and TNC as our intent is for this standard to fit with the existing
conventions and capabilities of these communities.

For those of you attending the IT Security Automation Conference, I will be
giving a short overview of this work on Friday at 3:30 in the Trusted
Computing & Security Automation track. We have also scheduled a short BoF on
this work for 3:00 on Thursday in room 350.

Comments on the specification can be sent to
[email-masked]. We look forward to your
input.

Thanks,
Charles