Subject: New versions of SACRED I-Ds; recommending consideration for RFCs

From: "Nystrom, Magnus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 23:45:50 +0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time)

Dear Steve,

As a response to your pre-IESG, Area Director "nits", Stephen and I have
now submitted new versions of SACRED's framework and protocol I-D,
versions that we hope will meet your earlier comments.

Below is a summary of the changes made to the framework document; the
protocol document has a list of changes included in it.

Due to the nature of these changes we do not intend to re-open the WG L-C
on these documents, instead we ask that they be considered by you and the
IETF secretariat for publication as RFCs.

Thanks,
-- Magnus

--
Framework -06 changes:

 - Status of Memo (section replaced)

 - Copyright Notice (added)

 - Abstract (updated - now a single paragraph w/o references)

 - 4.2.2 TLS Authentication (updated - added info. on TLS server
   authentication and related subtopics)

 - 5.2.2 Client Security, TLS Server Authentication (new section - adds
   discussion of user interface for TLS server auth. by users)

 - Various sections (editorial tweaks to create draft-05, change
   hdrs/dates, etc.)

---

From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:50:51 -0400

In message <Pine.WNT.4.51.0306262337560.960@mnystrom-lap>, "Nystrom, Magnus" wr
>IETF secretariat for publication as RFCs.

I agree -- no new LC is needed.  When they pop in the repository, I'll 
look at them again.

		--Steve Bellovin, http://www.research.att.com/~smb (me)
		http://www.wilyhacker.com (2nd edition of "Firewalls" book)