Subject: [salud] Have we handled all the objections?

From: "Worley, Dale R (Dale)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 15:05:26 -0400

[as chair]

There hasn't been any traffic on the Salud mailing list for a week.

Looking at Alfred's messages and others, I think we have discussed every
point of contention, and Laura can go ahead and update the draft.

But perhaps Laura is ahead of me, and is already updating the draft.

Dale

---

From: Laura Liess <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 15:14:15 +0200

Dale,

We sent to Alfred and the salud ML our proposals how to handle his
high level concern and concerns #1, #4 and #5.
For the concerns #2 and #3 we had an intensive discussion outside the
salud ML. I think I will try first to put the results of this
discussion together ( or my understanding of it) and send them to the
salud ML.

Thank you
Laura

2012/6/19 Worley, Dale R (Dale) <[email-masked]>:
> _______________________________________________
> salud mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/salud

---

From: Laura Liess <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 17:00:19 +0200

Hi,

I tried to put together my understanding about the main changes needed
in the draft to reflect the results of the  discussions (partly
offline) on Alfred's comments #2 to #5 on <private-name>s:

1. Make more clear in the draft text that the <private-name> part of a URN
     - is only valid inside the domain in <private name>
     - is not registered wit IANA
     - is dropped by an end device which does not understand it

2. When domains define <private-name>s,  they optionaly may add the
year or just the last two digits of the year, to the domain name, with
the year first (e.g. 2012.com.example somecompany).

(Note: Alfred recommends to add the date to the domain names, to
ensure that private URNs are persistent. He recommended to add the
date to the domain name.  Dale and Paul objected to the recommendation
because the name would become to long and dificult to handle by
implementors. Adding just the year to the domain name, with the date
first, was considered as an alternative.)

3.   Change <private-name> syntax to
           private-name =domain-name *(":" label)
           domain-name = label *("." label )

        e. g. urn:alert:service:call-waiting:org.example.somecompany:abc
 ( urn:alert:service:call-waiting:org.example.somecompany:abc or
urn:alert:service:call-waiting:abc.org.example.somecompany  are no
longer allowed)

4. Delete the rule b. 2) in Section 8.1.

Note: Alfred also had a lot of editorial recommendations which I will follow.

Please let me know if something is missing or wrong. Otherwise I will
go on and do the changes.

Thanks a lot
Laura