Subject: [salud] I-D Action: draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 01:20:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Sip ALerting for User Devices Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : URNs for the Alert-Info Header Field of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
        Authors         : Laura Liess
                          Roland Jesske
                          Alan Johnston
                          Dale R. Worley
                          Paul Kyzivat
	Filename        : draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-10.txt
	Pages           : 44
	Date            : 2014-01-17

Abstract:
   The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) supports the capability to
   provide a reference to a specific rendering to be used by the UA when
   the user is alerted.  This is done using the Alert-Info header field.
   However, the reference (typically a URL) addresses only a specific
   network resource with specific rendering properties.  There is
   currently no support for standard identifiers for describing the
   semantics of the alerting situation or the characteristics of the
   alerting signal, without being tied to a particular rendering.  To
   overcome these limitations and support new applications, a new family
   of URNs for use in SIP Alert-Info header fields (and situations with
   similar requirements) is defined in this specification.

   This document normatively updates the RFC 3261, which defines the
   Session Initiation Protocol (SIP): It changes the usage of the SIP
   Alert-Info header field defined in the RFC 3261 by additionally
   allowing its use in all provisional responses to INVITE (except the
   100 response).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/