Subject: [salud] I-D Action: draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 06:34:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Sip ALerting for User Devices Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : URNs for the Alert-Info Header Field of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
        Authors         : Laura Liess
                          Roland Jesske
                          Alan Johnston
                          Dale R. Worley
                          Paul Kyzivat
	Filename        : draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-14.txt
	Pages           : 44
	Date            : 2014-10-17

Abstract:
   The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) supports the capability to
   provide a reference to a specific rendering to be used by the UA as
   an alerting signal (e.g., a ring tone or ringback tone) when the user
   is alerted.  This is done using the Alert-Info header field.
   However, the reference (typically a URL) addresses only a specific
   network resource with specific rendering properties.  There is
   currently no support for standard identifiers for describing the
   semantics of the alerting situation or the characteristics of the
   alerting signal, without being tied to a particular rendering.  To
   overcome these limitations and support new applications, a new family
   of URNs for use in Alert-Info header fields (and situations with
   similar requirements) is defined in this specification.

   This document normatively updates RFC3261, which defines the Session
   Initiation Protocol (SIP): It changes the usage of the Alert-Info
   header field defined in RFC3261 by additionally allowing its use in
   any non-100 provisional response to INVITE.This document also permits
   proxies to add or remove an Alert-Info header field, and to add or
   remove Alert-Info header field values.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/