Subject: Re: [sami] A new draft on state migration use cases is submitted.

From: chen li <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 10:31:38 +0800

Sun, 9 Oct 2011 18:01:38 +0200 ,j.schoenwaelder wrote:
>The switches really have nothing to do with ACLs sitting in the
hypervisor. Making the switches responsible for migrating the ACLs
seems broken to me.

actually, it's necessroy to deploy vlan ACL on hypervisor.

The introduction of  Virtualization and  cloud computing technologies
brings new characteristics to DC service. One of the most important
features is the  variation of VM location. The basic policy  dealing
with this situation is to migrate related state/parameter information
on network equipment to meet VM's requirements.

During the research we have talked with related providers and network
equipment vendors. We consider this problem to be an question needed
to be handled when providing virtualization based DC services.

And also，we hope the draft can receive more requirements of equipment
state migration besides "DHCP Snooping..." etc.

Li Chen
Research Institute of China Mobile

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2011 18:44:19 -0800

> to be handled when providing virtualization based DC services.

That really doesn't address the question raised by Juergen: why is the
*switch* involved in migrating ACLs located on hypervisors?  I've read
these documents a few times and I still don't have a very clear picture of
where you think network state and "flow"-coupled state are located.

Melinda

---

From: "Yingjie Gu(yingjie)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 22:02:56 +0800

I think the state we are talking about is the flow-coupled network state
located on such devices as physical switches and firewalls. We don't try to
migrate the states on Hypervisor. The figures in the use case draft give
some examples on the states on physical switches and firewalls. 

Best Regards
Gu Yingjie

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 代表 Melinda
Shore
发送时间: 2011年10月10日 乐乐10:44
收件人: [email-masked]
主题: Re: [sami] A new draft on state migration use cases is submitted.

Melinda
_______________________________________________
sami mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sami