Subject: Re: draft-burdis-cat-srp-sasl-07.txt

From: "Trevor Perrin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 18:32:42 -0800

>From: "Raif S. Naffah" <[email-masked]>
>
>nevertheless, since this wording in the draft is now clearly ambiguous,
>i therefore suggest we remove it from the next iteration; i.e. the
>paragraph in question in "1. Introduction" would then becomes:
>
>"The mechanism described herein is based on the SRP protocol described
>at the end of section 3 in [RFC-2945]..."
>

Hi Raif,

I still think that's wrong.  The protocol described at the end of section 3 
in RFC 2945 is clearly "optimized" in the sense I decribed, which 
corresponds with Tom's use of the term "optimized" in the SRP paper (see 
Table 5 vs. Table 6):
http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~tjw/srp/ndss.html

The protocol in your draft is not optimized in this sense.  So the text in 
question should not refer to "the end of section 3".

Trevor

_________________________________________________________________
Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com