Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sasl-saslprep-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:53:13 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Simple Authentication and Security Layer Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SASLprep: Stringprep profile for user names and passwords
	Author(s)	: K. Zeilenga
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sasl-saslprep-09.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2004-4-29
	
This document describes how to prepare Unicode strings representing
  user names and passwords for comparison.  The document defines the
  'SASLprep' profile of the 'stringprep' algorithm to be used for both
  user names and passwords.  This profile is intended to be used by
  Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) mechanisms (such as
  PLAIN, CRAM-MD5, and DIGEST-MD5) as well as other protocols exchanging
  simple user names and/or passwords.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sasl-saslprep-09.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sasl-saslprep-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sasl-saslprep-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 19:37:10 -0700

This revision addresses most of the comments raised by the IESG.
  https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=print_ballot&ballot_id=1282&filename=draft-ietf-sasl-saslprep

The changes include:
- Added examples (typo in 3rd example, s/#3/#2/, is known)
- Added a statement regarding applicability to existing specifications.
- Clarified what "other handling" could be.
  
Additionally, there is now a DISCUSS regarding the NFKC stability
concern Simon raised.  I will shortly post my thoughts on this
concern to the list for discussion.

Kurt

At 12:53 PM 4/29/2004, [email-masked] wrote:
>Content-Type: text/plain
>Content-ID:     <[email-masked]>
>
>ENCODING mime
>FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sasl-saslprep-09.txt
>
><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sasl-saslprep-09.txt>

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 19:37:10 -0700

The changes include:

Kurt