Subject: [SAVA] Re: [Bof] A mailing list for AIAA BoF related private discussion

From: rcallon at juniper.net ([email-masked])
Date: Thu Jul 13 08:50:26 2006

There has been a proposal for a BOF to discuss proposals to verify
that IPv6 source addresses are valid. The BOF proposal was turned
down for the Montreal IETF, largely on the basis that we weren't really
ready to hold the BOF yet. Instead, we are proposing to have a private
meeting to discuss this proposal, and to discuss the best way to
bring this forward to the IETF (which likely includes a BOF at the next
IETF, and other preparation).

The TO: list for this email includes the IESG Internet, Routing, and
Security area advisors, as well as various very senior experts who have
discussed this issue and/or shown interest in it.

One issue: An email exploder has been set up to discuss this proposal
(bof at netarchlab.tsinghua.edu.cn). I am pretty sure that this was set up
by Dr. Jun Bi (see first email address above). There were a small
number of emails to this list earlier today. If anyone is not on this email
exploder and wants to be, then they should send email to Jun Bi.

Second issue: We need to schedule the time for the private meeting
in Montreal. I am suggesting Tuesday morning starting at 10:00am,
running through lunch (but ending in time for Bill and perhaps others
to attend IDR at 1pm). Is this an okay time for most people? Regarding
IESG folks: I think that it would be desirable to have at least one each
of the Routing ADs, Internet ADs, and Security ADs (but I don't think
that we need all six ADs).

We could consider alternate times, but most are not quite as good:
Thursday morning at the same time conflicts with mip6 (mobility for
IPv6) and the transport area open meeting (and people are frequently
quite tired by Thursday). Tuesday evening over dinner conflicts with
the IETF social. Other times seem to have more conflicts but I am
open to suggestions.

Thanks, Ross