Subject: [savi] Publication request for "Source Address Validation Improvement Framework" (draft-ietf-savi-framework-04)

From: Jean-Michel Combes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 15:35:52 +0200

Dear Secretary,

This is a request to publish draft-ietf-savi-framework-04 as a
Informational RFC. Please find below the I-D write-up.

Best regards.

JMC.

(1.a) Who is the Document Shepherd for this document? Has the Document
Shepherd personally reviewed this version of the document and, in
particular, does he or she believe this version is ready for
forwarding to the IESG for publication?

Jean-Michel Combes ([email-masked]) is the Document
Shepherd, savi WG co-chair. He has done a review on the document and
believes it is ready to be forwarded to IESG for publication.

(1.b) Has the document had adequate review both from key WG members
and from key non-WG members? Does the Document Shepherd have any
concerns about the depth or breadth of the reviews that have been
performed?

The document has had adequate reviews by key WG members.The document
shepherd does not have any concerns regarding the depth or breadth of
the reviews received.

(1.c) Does the Document Shepherd have concerns that the document needs
more review from a particular or broader perspective, e.g., security,
operational complexity, someone familiar with AAA,
internationalization or XML?

No.

(1.d) Does the Document Shepherd have any specific concerns or issues
with this document that the Responsible Area Director and/or the IESG
should be aware of? For example, perhaps he or she is uncomfortable
with certain parts of the document, or has concerns whether there
really is a need for it. In any event, if the WG has discussed those
issues and has indicated that it still wishes to advance the document,
detail those concerns here. Has an IPR disclosure related to this
document been filed? If so, please include a reference to the
disclosure and summarize the WG discussion and conclusion on this
issue.

No.

(1.e) How solid is the WG consensus behind this document? Does it
represent the strong concurrence of a few individuals, with others
being silent, or does the WG as a whole understand and agree with it?

There is savi WG consensus behind the document.

(1.f) Has anyone threatened an appeal or otherwise indicated extreme
discontent? If so, please summarise the areas of conflict in separate
email messages to the Responsible Area Director. (It should be in a
separate email because this questionnaire is entered into the ID
Tracker.)

No.

(1.g) Has the Document Shepherd personally verified that the document
satisfies all ID nits? (See the Internet-Drafts Checklist and
http://tools.ietf.org/tools/idnits/). Boilerplate checks are not
enough; this check needs to be thorough. Has the document met all
formal review criteria it needs to, such as the MIB Doctor, media type
and URI type reviews?

The document shepherd has personally verified that the document
satisfies all ID nits. The document does not need MIB doctor review.
The document does not contain any media and URI types.

(1.h) Has the document split its references into normative and
informative? Are there normative references to documents that are not
ready for advancement or are otherwise in an unclear state? If such
normative references exist, what is the strategy for their completion?
Are there normative references that are downward references, as
described in [RFC3967]? If so, list these downward references to
support the Area Director in the Last Call procedure for them
[RFC3967].

References are split into normative and informative sections.

(1.i) Has the Document Shepherd verified that the document IANA
consideration section exists and is consistent with the body of the
document? If the document specifies protocol extensions, are
reservations requested in appropriate IANA registries? Are the IANA
registries clearly identified? If the document creates a new registry,
does it define the proposed initial contents of the registry and an
allocation procedure for future registrations? Does it suggest a
reasonable name for the new registry? See [RFC5226]. If the document
describes an Expert Review process has Shepherd conferred with the
Responsible Area Director so that the IESG can appoint the needed
Expert during the IESG Evaluation?

This document has an IANA considerations section and no IANA
considerations that needs to be taken care of.

(1.j) Has the Document Shepherd verified that sections of the document
that are written in a formal language, such as XML code, BNF rules,
MIB definitions, etc., validate correctly in an automated checker?

There are no such sections.

(1.k) The IESG approval announcement includes a Document Announcement
Write-Up. Please provide such a Document Announcement Write-Up? Recent
examples can be found in the "Action" announcements for approved
documents. The approval announcement contains the following sections:

Technical Summary
The Source Address Validation Improvement method was developed to
complement ingress filtering with finer-grained, standardized IP
source address validation. This document describes and motivates the
design of the SAVI method.

Working Group Summary
The normal WG process was followed. The document as it is now,
reflects WG consensus.

Document Quality
The document was thoroughly reviewed by Frank Xia, Mikael Abrahamsson
and Jean-Michel Combes.