Subject: [savi] FCFS: about the last WGLC

From: Jean-Michel Combes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 02:26:36 +0200

Hi,

Two potential issues have been raised during the last WGLC: "IPv4
static configuration" and "Idle host".
As there was no clear consensus during the discussion, the chairs took
the following decisions:
o IPv4 static configuration
IPv4 was included in earlier versions of this document and after was
removed. To avoid any delay for the publication of this document, we
decided this last one will only focus on IPv6. To reflect this, the
name of the document has to be modified.
o Idle host
We think that if there is an issue with an idle host which cannot
defend its address, this is not a SAVI issue but a DAD issue. So, no
new text about this scenario is needed in the document.

Dear co-authors, please, when you will submit a new version of the
document, take account of these decisions.
BTW, please, check also that the new version will be compliant with
the last version of the Framework document (e.g. terminology,
architecture design, etc.).

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Christian & JMC.

---

From: "Jun Bi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 09:23:10 +0200

I believe I was one of the WG members who raised the two questions.

To not delay the LC, I am fine with the chair's decision.
The problems addressed by the questions will happen in real network 
deployment.
so I think maybe laterly a SAVI experimenal draft to include incussing these 
questions will be good.

Best Regards,
Jun Bi

-----原始邮件----- 
From: Jean-Michel Combes
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:26 AM
To: SAVI Mailing List
Subject: [savi] FCFS: about the last WGLC

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Christian & JMC.
_______________________________________________
savi mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/savi