Subject: [savi] RFC 7219 on SEcure Neighbor Discovery (SEND) Source Address Validation Improvement (SAVI)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 17:07:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7219

        Title:      SEcure Neighbor Discovery (SEND) Source 
                    Address Validation Improvement (SAVI) 
        Author:     M. Bagnulo, A. Garcia-Martinez
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      38
        Characters: 90423
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-savi-send-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7219.txt

This memo specifies SEcure Neighbor Discovery (SEND) Source Address
Validation Improvement (SAVI), a mechanism to provide source address
validation using the SEND protocol.  The proposed mechanism
complements ingress filtering techniques to provide a finer
granularity on the control of IPv6 source addresses.

This document is a product of the Source Address Validation Improvements Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC