Subject: [savi] RFC6620 Page 17 - Control Trigger

From: "Leaf Yeh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 14:46:20 +0800

More finding in RFC6620, section 3.2.3, page 17 @ VALID

<quote>
   o  If ... a DAD_NA
      packet with the Target Address set to IPAddr is received through a
      Validating Port P' other than P, then the SAVI device will execute
      the process of sending DAD_NS messages... two NS messages
      for that address will be sent by the SAVI device... The DAD_NS message
will be forwarded to
      the port P.  The state is moved to TESTING_VP...In any case, it MUST
NOT forward the data
      packets until the binding has been verified.
</quote>

I am trying to think about when the VP' could received DAD_NA with the
target address as IPAddr. 
It sounds the IPAddr is a valid address of the host, which connects under
the VP'. 
The only possible case is when the host with IPAddr moves from VP to VP'
during the lifetime of VALID.

But even in this case, when the SAVI device receive a DAD_NS from TP or
VP'', per the following statements in section 3.2.3, page 17 of RFC6620,

<quote>
   o  If a DAD_NS is received from a Trusted Port, then the DAD_NS
      message is forwarded to port P and is also forwarded to the
      Trusted Ports....
   o  If a DAD_NS packet with the Target Address set to IPAddr is
      received through a Validating Port P' other than P, ....The DAD_NS
messages will
      be forwarded to the port P.  
</quote>

the DAD_NS will not forward to the VP' mention above. Right?

So I guess DAD_NA will not happen to receive from the VP'.

Best Regards,
Leaf