Subject: [savi] RFC 8074 on Source Address Validation Improvement (SAVI) for Mixed Address Assignment Methods Scenario

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 21:31:35 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8074

        Title:      Source Address Validation Improvement (SAVI) 
                    for Mixed Address Assignment Methods Scenario 
        Author:     J. Bi, 
                    G. Yao,
                    J. Halpern, 
                    E. Levy-Abegnoli, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 23910
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-savi-mix-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8074

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8074

In networks that use multiple techniques for address assignment, the
spoofing of addresses assigned by each technique can be prevented
using the appropriate Source Address Validation Improvement (SAVI)
methods.  This document reviews how multiple SAVI methods can coexist
in a single SAVI device and how collisions are resolved when the same
binding entry is discovered by two or more methods.

This document is a product of the Source Address Validation Improvements Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC