Subject: [scim] RFC 7643 on System for Cross-domain Identity Management: Core Schema

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 16:35:06 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7643

        Title:      System for Cross-domain Identity Management: 
                    Core Schema 
        Author:     P. Hunt, Ed.,
                    K. Grizzle, E. Wahlstroem,
                    C. Mortimore
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      104
        Characters: 180665
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-scim-core-schema-22.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7643

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7643

The System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) specifications
are designed to make identity management in cloud-based applications
and services easier.  The specification suite builds upon experience
with existing schemas and deployments, placing specific emphasis on
simplicity of development and integration, while applying existing
authentication, authorization, and privacy models.  Its intent is to
reduce the cost and complexity of user management operations by
providing a common user schema and extension model as well as binding
documents to provide patterns for exchanging this schema using HTTP.

This document provides a platform-neutral schema and extension model
for representing users and groups and other resource types in JSON
format.  This schema is intended for exchange and use with cloud
service providers.

This document is a product of the System for Cross-domain Identity Management Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC