Subject: [Sdn] Call for Chapters - Software Defined Mobile Networks (SDMN)

From: Madhusanka Liyanage <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 11:37:56 +0200

Hello,

We would like to bring your attention to our edited book on "Software 
Defined Mobile Networks (SDMN): Beyond LTE Network Architecture 
<https://sites.google.com/site/callforchapterssdmn/>".
This book would be published by WILEY Publishers and it is anticipated 
to be in print by late 2014 tentatively.
We kindly request you to contribute chapters for the book based on your 
research area.
Also, please feel free to distribute this call among your colleagues.

BR

Madhusanka Liyanage
Center for Wireless Communication,
University of Oulu,
Finland
Mobile: +358 44 916 0857
Mail: [email-masked]/ [email-masked]
WWW: http://www.cwc.oulu.fi/~lliyanag/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Call for Chapters - Software Defined Mobile Networks (SDMN) : Beyond
  LTE Network Architecture

We would like to bring your attention to the edited book on "Software 
Defined Mobile Networks (SDMN): Beyond LTE Network Architecture 
<https://sites.google.com/site/callforchapterssdmn/>". This book would 
be published by WILEY Publishers and it is anticipated to be in print by 
late 2014 tentatively. We kindly request you to contribute chapters for 
the book based on your research area.

    Editors

Madhusanka Liyanage <http://www.cwc.oulu.fi/%7Elliyanag/> (Centre for 
Wireless Communication, University of Oulu, Finland)
Andrei Gurtov <http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/gurtov/> (Department of 
Computer Science and Engineering, Aalto University, Finland)
Mika Yliantilla <http://www.ee.oulu.fi/%7Eover/> (Centre for Internet 
Excellence, University of Oulu, Finland)

    Call for Chapters

21st of March   2014:  Proposal Submission Deadline
1st of  April       2014:  Notification of Acceptance
1st  of  June      2014:  Full Chapter Submission
1st  of July        2014:  Review Results Returned
1st of  August  2014:  Final Chapter Submission

More information can be found in Call for Chapter web site : Link 
<https://sites.google.com/site/callforchapterssdmn/>

    Objective

This book project will present the concept of a Software Defined Mobile 
Network (SDMN) which would change the network architecture of the 
current LTE (3GPP) networks. SDN will also open up new opportunities for 
traffic, resource and mobility management, as well as impose new 
challenges on network security.  It is also foreseen that the 
investments in the network and operational costs would change.  
Therefore, this book project will address these main affecting areas 
such as traffic, resource and mobility management, virtualized traffics 
transportation, network management, network security and techno economic 
concepts. Moreover, the complete introduction to SDN and SDMN concepts 
will be included in the introduction section of the book.

In a nutshell, this book project will provide an insight into the 
feasibility and opportunities of SDMN concept, as well as evaluate the 
limits of performance and scalability of the new technologies applied on 
mobile broadband networks.

    Recommended topics include, but are not limited to, the following:

Software Defined Networking (SDN) Concepts
o   Evolution of SDN
o   History of SDN
o   SDN Controllers, Network Programmability
o   SDN Working Groups/ Research Communities
o   SDN Applications

Mobile Networking Concepts
o   Evolution of Mobile Networks
o   Limitations in current mobile technologies
o   Requirement in future mobile networks
o   Beyond LTE network architectures

Software Defined Mobile Networks (SDMN)

SDMN Architectures  and Network implementation
o   State of the art in Software Defined Networks
o   Architectural options for Software Defined Mobile Networks
o   Requirements and Scenarios in Software Defined Mobile Networks
o   Implementation and validation aspects of SDMN
o   Mobile Network Optimized SDN Controller Functionality; SDMN controller
o   Standardization aspects of SDMN
o   Validation setup and open source solutions of SDMN

Traffic Transport and Network Management aspects of SDMN
o   Network  virtualization and Virtualized traffic transport Technologies
o   Optimization of Traffic Transportation
o   Scalability of SDMNs

Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO)
Mobile Peer-to-Peer Services
Mobile Cloud Services

Traffic, Resource and Mobility Management  aspects
o   Mobility Management
o   Resource selection and Management
o   Microscopic/Macroscopic Traffic Management
o   Application supported traffic Management
o   Optimization of traffic and resource management

Security aspects of SDMNs
o   State of the art in Security challenges in future mobile architectures
o   Economically viable security techniques for mobile networks
o   Secure Mobile Network services
o   Security Management in SDMN

Software Defined Radio (SDR) Networks
o   Introduction to SDRN
o   Integration aspect of SDRN to SDMN
o   SDN based interference management
o   Virtualized Radio Resource Management

Techno-economic aspects
o   State of the art in techno-economic modeling of SDMN
o   Business Cases in virtualized Mobile Network Environments

    Submission Procedure

Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit on or before 21st of 
March, 2014, a 2-3 page chapter proposal clearly explaining the mission 
and concerns of his or her proposed chapter. Authors of accepted 
proposals will be notified by 01st of April, 2014 about the status of 
their proposals and sent chapter guidelines. Full chapters are expected 
to be submitted by 1st of June, 2014. All submitted chapters will be 
reviewed on a double-blind review basis. Contributors may also be 
requested to serve as reviewers for this project.  More information can 
be found in Call for Chapter web site : Link

    Manuscript guidelines:

Refer to the link shown: Click here. The preparation of manuscripts 
submitted for the book must be original and not previously published 
elsewhere or currently under review. Expected chapter length is between 
4,000 to 8,000 words or more (or can be discussed with the editors). The 
formatting of initial or draft manuscripts should follow: A4 page 
format, single column with 11 point Times New Roman font with 1.5 line 
spacing, while submitting your manuscript as Microsoft Office Word 
document. WILEY follows Harvard Style as the reference style. Refer to 
manuscript instruction file.
Publishing and Indexing:

This book is scheduled to be published by CRC Press, Taylor and Francis 
(New York). For additional information regarding the publisher, please 
visit WILEY Publishers. This publication is anticipated to be released 
in late 2014.

    Publication Cost to Authors:

Free of charge

    Inquiries and submissions can be forwarded electronically (Word
    document):

Madhusanka Liyanage

Research Scientist,

Centre for Wireless Communication,

University of Oulu,

Finland.

Email : [email-masked]

Website : https://sites.google.com/site/callforchapterssdmn/

-- 
Madhusanka Liyanage
Research Scientist,
Center for Wireless Communication,
University of Oulu,
Finland
Mobile: +358 44 916 0857 Office: +358 29448 2869
Mail: [email-masked]/ [email-masked]
skype: msanka.liyanage
WWW: http://www.cwc.oulu.fi/~lliyanag/

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com