Subject: [Sdn] FW: Announcing the 2014 ONS Research Track

From: "Jun Bi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 21:07:01 +0800

From: Nate Foster [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:51 AM
To: Nate Foster
Cc: Rob Sherwood
Subject: Announcing the 2014 ONS Research Track

[You are receiving this message because you registered for a HotSDN 2013
account.]

We are pleased to announce the 2014 Open Networking Summit Research Track.
ONS (http://www.opennetsummit.org) is a unique event that provides wonderful
opportunities for researchers and industrial practitioners to interact.
Please consider submitting a two-page paper!

Important notes:

* The submission deadline is January 18th, 2014.

* This year accepted papers will be published by USENIX.

* Concurrent submissions to SIGCOMM '14 are allowed, subject to a few
conditions described below (designed to preserve SIGCOMM's double-blind
reviewing policy). 

Best regards,
Nate and Rob

ONS RESEARCH TRACK CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

The 2014 ONS Research Track will provide researchers with a unique
opportunity to present innovative SDN work to a broad community of
academic peers and industry leaders. The primary goals of the Research
Track are to facilitate an exchange of SDN research ideas; to leverage
the strong industry presence at ONS to bring focus to relevant
research problems; and to build a community of researchers helping to
realize the potential of SDN. By participating in the ONS Research
Track, researchers can learn what industry is doing with SDN and
discover ways that their work can have direct and lasting impacts.

We solicit submissions describing innovative SDN work in the form of
two-page extended abstracts. We are particularly interested in early
stage work, but also welcome submissions that describe operational
experiences or summarize published results. Submissions will be
selected according to the following criteria: technical merit,
originality, and likelihood of spawning insightful discussion.

RELEVANT TOPICS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING:

* Applications of SDN to home, wireless, cellular, enterprise,
  data-center, and backbone networks

* Applications of SDN to network management, performance monitoring,
  and security.

* Virtual appliances (e.g., firewalls, intrusion detection systems,
  load balancers, etc.) built using SDN

* Virtualization in SDN

* Switch designs for SDN

* Application programming interfaces for SDN

* Control and management software stack for SDN

* Programming languages, verification techniques, and tools for SDN

* Performance evaluation of SDN network elements and controllers

* Experiences deploying SDN in operational networks

* Hybrid SDN approaches (integration with other control planes)

* Experiences transitioning existing networks to SDN

* Placement and factoring of SDN control logic

* SDN control plane abstractions

* Scalability and reliability of SDN platforms

* Distributed SDN controller platforms

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

Extended abstracts must be submitted as PDF files no longer than two
(2) pages in length (in one-column, single-spaced, 10-point format)
including appendices and references. Papers must be submitted via the
submission site,

  https://ons2014.cs.cornell.edu. 

and should include author names and affiliations. Accepted submissions
will be published by USENIX. At least one author of each accepted
submission is expected to attend ONS to present their paper. ONS will
provide one complimentary registration for each accepted paper.

Note: concurrent submissions to SIGCOMM 2014 are permitted provided
that (i) the submissions use different titles and (ii) all 2014
SIGCOMM PC members are declared as conflicts. This policy will help
facilitate double-blind reviewing at SIGCOMM, to the extent possible.

IMPORTANT DATES

Submission deadline        January 18th, 2014
Acceptance notifications February 8th, 2014
Final version due        February 22nd, 2014
Research Track dates        March 3rd-5th, 2014

PROGRAM COMMITTEE 

Nate Foster (Cornell University)
Rob Sherwood (Big Switch Networks)

Dan Daly (Intel)
Jun Bi (Tsinghua University)
Colin Dixon (IBM)
Sachin Katti (Stanford University)
Ramana Kompella (Purdue University)
Teemu Koponen (VMware)
Ratul Mahajan (Microsoft Research)
Mooly Sagiv (Tel Aviv University)
Stefan Schmid (TU Berlin / T-Labs)
Vyas Sekar (Carnegie Mellon University)
Joel Sommers (Colgate University)
Dan Talayco (Barefoot Networks)
Laurent Vanbever (Princeton University)
Minlan Yu (University of Southern California)