Subject: [Sdn] FYI: New Version Notification for draft-irtf-sdnrg-layer-terminology-00.txt

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 09:19:34 -0700

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-irtf-sdnrg-layer-terminology-00.txt
To: Evangelos Haleplidis <[email-masked]>, Spyros Denazis <
[email-masked]>, Odysseas Koufopavlou <[email-masked]>, David
Meyer <[email-masked]>, Kostas Pentikousis <[email-masked]>, Jamal
Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-irtf-sdnrg-layer-terminology-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Evangelos Haleplidis and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-irtf-sdnrg-layer-terminology
Revision:       00
Title:          SDN Layers and Architecture Terminology
Document date:  2014-09-10
Group:          sdnrg
Pages:          33
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-sdnrg-layer-terminology-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-sdnrg-layer-terminology/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-sdnrg-layer-terminology-00

Abstract:
   Software-Defined Networking (SDN) can be defined as a new approach
   for network programmability.  Network programmability in this context
   refers to the capacity to initialize, control, change, and manage
   network behavior dynamically via open interfaces as opposed to
   relying on closed-box solutions and their associated proprietary
   interfaces.  SDN emphasizes the role of software in running networks
   through the introduction of an abstraction for the data forwarding
   plane and, by doing so, separates it from the control plane.  This
   separation allows faster innovation cycles at both planes as
   experience has already shown.  However, there is increasing confusion
   as to what exactly SDN is, what is the layer structure in an SDN
   architecture and how do layers interface with each other.  This
   document addresses these questions and provides a concise reference
   for SDNRG and the wider SDN community based on relevant peer-reviewed
   literature, the RFC series, and relevant documents by other standards
   organizations.

   This document is a product of the IRTF Software-Defined Networking
   Research Group (SDNRG)

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat