Subject: [Sdn] I-D Action: draft-irtf-sdnrg-layered-sdn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 18:15:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Software Defined Networking of the IETF.

        Title           : Cooperating Layered Architecture for SDN
        Authors         : Luis M. Contreras
                          Carlos J. Bernardos
                          Diego R. Lopez
                          Mohamed Boucadair
                          Paola Iovanna
	Filename        : draft-irtf-sdnrg-layered-sdn-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2016-03-18

Abstract:
   Software Defined Networking proposes the separation of the control
   plane from the data plane in the network nodes and its logical
   centralization on a control entity.  Most of the network intelligence
   is moved to this functional entity.  Typically, such entity is seen
   as a compendium of interacting control functions in a vertical, tight
   integrated fashion.  The relocation of the control functions from a
   number of distributed network nodes to a logical central entity
   conceptually places together a number of control capabilities with
   different purposes.  As a consequence, the existing solutions do not
   provide a clear separation between transport control and services
   that relies upon transport capabilities.

   This document describes a proposal named Cooperating Layered
   Architecture for SDN.  The idea behind that is to differentiate the
   control functions associated to transport from those related to
   services, in such a way that they can be provided and maintained
   independently, and can follow their own evolution path.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-sdnrg-layered-sdn/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-sdnrg-layered-sdn-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/