Subject: [Sdn] 2016 IEEE NFV-SDN -- Call for Submissions

From: Christian Makaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 09:03:53 -0400

------------ Apologies for Cross-posting ---------------
2016 IEEE Conference on Network Functions Virtualization & Software Defined
Networks (IEEE NFV-SDN)
Palo  Alto, California, USA
November 7-9, 2016

More information is available at: http://www.ieee-nfvsdn.org

CALL FOR PAPERS
Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and Software Defined Networks (SDN)
enable rapid network and service innovation for all participants in the
ecosystem. Decoupling network functions from the underlying physical
infrastructure using virtualization technologies enables service
innovation. SDN allows programmability of the NFV infrastructure to support
the deployment of new network functions in a variety of environments
including campus and enterprise networks, data centers, Internet service
providers (ISPs), cloud providers, and over-the-top (OTT) application and
service providers. NFV enables network capacity and functionality to be
decoupled, allowing network functions to be dynamically deployed whenever
they are required and wherever they can be hosted. The dramatic industry
transformation implied by NFV and SDN will not only impact network
computing platforms and network architecture, but will also open up new
avenues of research. Further, it enables the deployment of new network
functions that enable smart cities/homes/cars/businesses, green
infrastructures, new types of user interfaces and cyber physical system
realizations. The 2016 IEEE NFV-SDN conference focuses in addition to the
latest NFV concepts and mechanisms on first operational results on studies
related to virtualized networks functions (VNFs) as well as new
applications of VNFs, which smartens networks and their usage.

IMPORTANT DATES
May 15, 2016               Paper submission deadline
April 10, 2016               Workshop proposal deadline
June 15, 2016               Demo/tutorial/panel/
September 7, 2016          Acceptance notification
October 7 2016               Camera-ready papers

TOPICS
The IEEE NFV-SDN conference aims at bringing researchers all around the
world together to share ideas that can impact the evolution and operation
of NFV and SDN technologies. We encourage submission of innovative work on
NFV and SDN. The following is a non-exhaustive list of  topics:
-    NFV and SDN architectures, protocols, application programming
interfaces, and programming languages
-    Design of NFV and SDN-based forwarding elements (switch/router,
optical, wireless, gateway)
-    Control plane architectures and network operating systems in NFV and
SDN
-    New forwarding abstractions and program-mability paradigms
-    NFV infrastructure architectures including hardware acceleration
technologies
-    Hardware switches for NFV
-    Software switches for NFV architectures
-    Open vSwitch (OVS)-related research
-    Data and control plane conformance, in-teroperability, scalability,
and performance studies
-    Performance evaluation, optimization, isolation, tradeoffs with NFV
workloads
-    Operational experiences for NFVs
-    VNFs designed around architectures for Cloud-native microservices
-    Use and performance of container techniques for NFVs
-    Design guidelines for scalable, available, composable, and modular VNFs
-    Re-architecturing the VNFs to advance interoperability and increase
performance
-    Dynamic service function chaining
-    OPNFV-related research & explorations    -    Orchestration API
-    Service chaining/orchestration and traffic steering in NFV and SDN
-    App store management for NFV and SDN
-    Tools for validating network services and automated deployment and
management
-    Applying compositional patterns for parallelism, control logic,
performance, and reliability of network services
-    Reliability, verification, resiliency, and fault management in NFV and
SDN
-    Autonomic management technologies in NFV and SDN
-    Security functions and services in NFV
-    Application of machine learning, big data analytics to NFV and SDN
-    Scalable distributed and hierarchical controller architectures
-    Software-based integration of computing, storage, and networking
-    Commercial models and implications for NFV and SDN ecosystems
-    Applications and usage scenarios enabled by NFV and SDN
-    Applications of NFV/SDN in IoT, CPS, Smart Cities
-    Behavior of combined NFV and SDN control plane
-    Operational experiences
-    RAN for NFV & SDN architecture options
-    NFV & SDN  on public/private clouds

DEMOS, TUTORIALS AND WORKSHOPS

Call for Demos: The IEEE NFV-SDN conference also invites demonstration
papers in the NFV and SDN realms addressing (but not limited to) the topics
above. The demonstrations should be configured to run in a cloud
environment accessible via Internet and presented from the exhibition space
floor on the demonstrator’s laptop. Also, an author of an accepted demo is
required to register for the conference at the full or limited rate and
present the demo at the IEEE NFV-SDN 2016 conference. For information on
submission, please visit http://www.ieee-nfvsdn.org/authors/call-for-demos/

Call for Tutorials: The organizing committee invites proposals for
tutorials to be held prior to the main conference.  Tutorials should serve
one or more of the following objec-tives: introducing students and
newcomers to major topics of NFV and SDN research; providing instructions
on established practices and methodologies; surveying a mature area of NFV
and SDN research and/or practice; motivating and explaining an NFV and SDN
topic of emerging importance; introducing expert non-specialists to an NFV
and SDN research area. Proposals should be submitted by electronic mail to
the Tutorial Program Co-Chairs. For information on submission, please visit
http://www.ieee-nfvsdn.org/authors/call-for-tutorials/

Call for Workshop Proposals: The committee solicits proposals for one
full-day or two half-day workshops to be held on Nov 7, 2016 at the Start
of the main technical program.  The Scope of the workshops is to complement
the main conference program with forums for exchange of technical
expertise, development, integration and standardization efforts on
par-ticularly focused areas of interest within the frame of the NFV/SDN.
Proposals from industry and academia are welcome. Proposals should be
submitted by electronic mail to the Workshop Program Co-Chairs. For
information on submission, please visit
http://www.ieee-nfvsdn.org/authors/call-for-workshop-proposals/

Author & Submission Guidelines: Prospective authors are invited to submit
origi-nal technical papers for publication in the IEEE NFV-SDN 2016
Conference Proceedings and for presentation in the technical sessions.  We
solicit submission of high-quality full papers reporting original and novel
research results on all above topics.

Papers must be written in English, unpublished and not submitted elsewhere.
Full papers must be formatted as the standard IEEE double-column conference
template All final submissions should have a maximum paper length of six
(6) printed pages (10-point font), including figures, without incurring
additional page charges (maximum 1 additional page with over length page
charge of USD100 if accepted). Papers exceeding 7 pages will not be
accepted at EDAS.  Submissions should be uploaded on http://edas.info/N22175.

To be published in the IEEE NFV-SDN 2016 Conference Proceedings and to be
eligible for publication in IEEE Xplore, an author of an accepted paper is
required to register for the conference at the FULL (member or non-member)
rate and the paper must be presented by an author of that paper at the
conference.  For authors with multiple accepted papers, one FULL
registration is valid for up to 3 papers. Accepted and presented papers
will be published in the IEEE NFV-SDN 2016 Conference Proceedings and
submitted to IEEE Xplore®.

The IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the
conference (including its removal from IEEE Explore) if the paper is not
presented at the conference. Papers are re-viewed on the basis that they do
not contain plagiarized material and have not been submitted to any other
conference at the same time (double submission). These matters are taken
very seriously and the IEEE Communications Society will take action against
any author who engages in either practice.