Subject: [Sdn] IEEE NFV-SDN 2016 - Call for Participation

From: Christian Makaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 14:04:50 -0400

************Call for Participation -- IEEE NFV-SDN 2016************

IEEE Conference on Network Functions Virtualization & Software Defined
Networks (IEEE NFV-SDN)
Palo  Alto, California, USA
November 7-9, 2016
http://www.ieee-nfvsdn.org

IEEE’s Network Function Virtualization and Software Defined Networks
Conference (NFV-SDN) brings together individuals and organizations who want
to make a difference by applying software technology in networking. Network
Functions Virtualization (NFV) and Software Defined Networks (SDN) enable
rapid networks and services innovation for all participants in the
ecosystem. Decoupling network functions from the underlying physical
infrastructure using virtualization technologies enables Service
innovation. SDN allows programmability of the NFV infrastructure to support
the deployment of new network functions in a variety of environments
including campus & enterprise networks, data centers, telecommunications
networks providers, ISPs, cloud providers and over-the-top (OTT)
applications & services providers. NFV enables network capacity and
functionality to be decoupled, allowing network functions to be dynamically
deployed whenever they are required and wherever they can be hosted.
The dramatic industry transformation implied by NFV and SDN will not only
impact network computing platforms and network architecture, but will also
open up new avenues of research. Further, it enables the deployment of new
network functions that enable smart cities/homes/cars/businesses, green
infrastructures, new types of user interfaces and cyber-physical reality.
The 2016 IEEE NFV-SDN conference focuses, in addition to the latest NFV
concepts and mechanism, on first operational results on studies related to
virtualized networks functions (VNFs) as well as new applications of VNFs,
which smartens networks and their usage.
Join us in Palo Alto, CA, USA November 7-9, 2016 as we discuss how software
technology can transform the business of networking. Advanced discounted
registration ends October 17:
http://nfvsdn2016.ieee-nfvsdn.org/registration/

NFV SDN’s goal is to impact in positive and meaningful ways the
transformation of the network based on software. While NFV SDN provides
attendees with opportunities to interact with peers during pre-conference
workshops, paper and workshop sessions, for some of the most valuable
insights, takeaways and Eureka moments.
Conference highlights include:
A demo session with practical software implementations demonstrating
networking functionality
The 2nd IEEE International Workshop on Orchestration for Software Defined
Infrastructure (O4SDI).
The First International Workshop on Security in NFV-SDN (SNS2016)

KEYNOTES:
•    Infrastructure Engineering and Operations for Emerging Markets, Geng
Lin, Google
•    Platform transformation for NFV and SDN, Ilango Ganga and Brian
Skerry, Intel

PANELS:
•    What’s the Right Deployment Architecture for NFV?
•    The Role of NFV and SDN in 5G Network Transformation

TUTORIALS:
•    P4: A Hands-on (1/2 day)
•    Open Baton – The first comprehensive and standard compliant NFV
Framework (1/2 day)
•    NFV & Data Plane Optimizations – Tools and Tips (full day)

Register today to participate in an extensive, vibrant, and innovative
technical program with like-minded individuals across the world.
Advanced Discount Registration ends October 17:
http://nfvsdn2016.ieee-nfvsdn.org/registration/

Regular Registration through November 9, 2016. On-Site Registration
Available.