Subject: [Sdn] Call for paper: 5G Management Workshop

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 20:25:44 +0000

Dear all, do not miss the opportunity to submit your work to 5G Management workshop.

-         Short papers for work in progress,

-         and full papers for advanced work
Best regards,
Imen

5G Management Workshop, Co-located with IEEE IM 2017, May 8-12, Lisbon, Portugal

Workshop website: http://www.5gman.org/

Accepted paper will be indexed by IEEExplore.

IMPORTANT DATES

 - Paper registration: December 15th, 2016

 - Paper submission: December 19th, 2016

 - Notification of acceptance: January 30th, 2017

 - Final version of papers due: February 15th, 2017

 - Workshop date: 8th or 12th May, 2017

5G is envisioned as the next generation of mobile networks. Several initiatives

are taking place in Asia, America and Europe, such as the MOST (Ministry of

Science & Technology) 5G project in China, the 5G forum formed in South Korea,

the “2020 and beyond” Ad Hoc group in Japan, the 5G Infrastructure Public

Private Partnership (5G PPP) in Europe, in addition to several standardization

related activities. The emerging common features/requirements from these

worldwide activities could be summarized as the following: faster data transfer

rates, shorter latency, availability, security, lower costs and power

consumption and high performance in fast mobility situations. Thus, 5G will be

the place to deploy many new technologies. In particular, 5G networks are

expected to rely massively on the most recent advances in Software-Defined

Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV), hence offering the

opportunity to build an open and innovative platform for communications and a

novel brand gathering current and future network architectures, technologies

and usage. Besides the need for an innovative 5G network architecture,

effective and advanced network management architectures and techniques are also

cornerstones to fulfil these requirements.

The main goal of this workshop is to present state-of-the-art research results

and experience reports in the area of management of 5G networks, addressing

topics such as management of SDN and NFV-based networks and services, advances

in the management of cloud platforms, programmatic languages and abstractions

applied to resources and service management, big data and analytics applied to

management.

TOPICS OF INTEREST

Authors are invited to submit papers that fall into or are related to one or

multiple topic areas listed below:

•  Analytics and big data approaches for managing 5G networks

•  Cognitive and autonomic management & orchestration/choreography

•  Metadata, data and information models and semantics

•  Programming abstractions for 5G networks

•  Policy-based management, including imperative, declarative (intent), and

other paradigms

•  End-to-end mobile software networks architecture

•  Cloud Management, software-defined infrastructure, and NFV

•  Management architecture, building blocks, protocols and APIs for 5G

networks, layers and systems

•  Operating system for networking in 5G Cloud computing and network

virtualization technologies for RAN, backhaul and core

•  NFV architectures for 5G networks

•  Dynamic service placement and management

•  Dynamic Service Function Chaining

•  QoS and QoE new metrics in software-defined 5G networks

•  Recursive mobile network architectures

•  Advances in mobile network management and orchestration

•  Fronthaul and backhaul integration

•  Spectrum sharing

•  Emerging 5G standards

•  Economic drivers for the deployment of 5G Networks technologies

•  Evaluation, testbeds and management

•  Open Source tools for 5G Prototyping

•  Feedback on 5G experimental testbed

PAPER SUBMISSION

Paper submissions must present original, unpublished research or experiences.

Only original papers that have not been published or submitted for publication

elsewhere can be submitted. Each submission must be written in English,

accompanied by a 75 to 200 words abstract that clearly outlines the scope and

contributions of the paper. There is a length limitation of 6 pages (including

title, abstract, all figures, tables, and references) for regular conference

papers, and 4 pages for short papers describing work in progress. Submissions

must be in IEEE 2-column style. Self-plagiarized papers will be rejected

without further review. Authors should submit their papers via JEMS:

(https://jems.sbc.org.br/Paper.cgi?c=2685&track=6206).

PROCEEDINGS

Papers accepted for 5GMan2017, will be included in the conference proceedings,

IEEE Xplore, IFIP database and EI Index. IFIP and IEEE reserve the right to

remove any paper from the IFIP database and IEEE Xplore if the paper is not

presented at the workshop. Awards will be presented to the best paper.

WORKSHOP CO-CHAIRS

Imen Grida Ben Yahia, Orange Labs, France

Roberto Riggio, CREATE-NET, Italy

WORKSHOP STEERING COMMITTEE

Imen Grida Ben Yahia, Orange Labs, France

Roberto Riggio, CREATE-NET, Italy

John Strassner, Huawei Technologies, USA

Younghan Kim, Soongsil University, Korea

Christian Esteve Rothenberg, University of Campinas, Brasil

For more information, please visit: http://www.5gman.org

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.