Subject: [Sdn] 3rd Workshop on Communication and Networking Techniques for Contemporary Video in conjunction with IEEE INFOCOM 2017‏‏

From: Amit Dvir <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 09:57:54 +0200

Apologies for cross-posting

3rd Workshop on Communication and Networking Techniques for Contemporary
Video

May 1 2017, Atlanta, GA, USA

http://infocom2017.ieee-infocom.org/workshop/cntcv-
communication-and-networking-techniques-contemporary-video

(in conjunction with IEEE INFOCOM 2017)

-----------------------------------------------------
Scope and Topics of Interest
-----------------------------------------------------
In today's networks the same video data is simultaneously transmitted to
multiple heterogeneous receivers over diverse channels. In such multiuser
and delay-constrained systems, one needs to jointly consider both the
communication and networking layer design to achieve optimum performance.
Furthermore, recent work has shown that novel caching and storage
techniques at mobile devices and/or access points can dramatically reduce
the network traffic.
The aim of this workshop is to bring together researchers working on
real-time communication, storage, and caching techniques for contemporary
video. Therefore, the focus of the workshop will be mainly on experimental
and theoretical aspects of networking and communication layer techniques
that tackle the recent explosive growth in video traffic, particularly over
wireless networks.
Overall, the ultimate objective of this workshop is to bring closer
researchers working on these emerging problems and share their latest
results, formulate new problems from both communication and networking
perspectives, and create awareness about their practical significance.
The aim of the workshop is to bring together researchers working on
communications and networking techniques for delay-sensitive applications,
such as streaming video. The focus of the workshop will be mainly on
experimental and theoretical aspects of networking and communication layer
techniques that tackle the recent explosive growth in video traffic,
particularly over wireless networks.
Previously unpublished contributions in communication, storage, caching and
networking techniques for contemporary content delivery are solicited
including:
•       Video caching in wireless networks
•       Delay-optimized rate control
•       QoE issues regarding video traffic
•       Feedback techniques in streaming
•       Scheduling for wireless video
•       Buffer control in wireless video
•       Mobile video services and applications
•       Mobile video streaming
•       Network coding for content delivery
•       Sequential source and channel coding
•       Distributed storage
•       Cloud-based solutions for video streaming
•       Mobile cloud video streaming
•       Multi-peer video distribution in dynamic environments
•       Performance modelling and analysis of video traffic
•       HTTP adaptive streaming
•       Protocols and algorithms for video transmission
•       Video distribution techniques in mobile cloud environments
•       Adaptive bit rate techniques in wireless networks
•       Energy saving for wireless video transmission

-----------------------------------------------------
Submission Instructions
-----------------------------------------------------
Papers should not exceed 6 pages in IEEE format (double-column, 10pt
font) and should be submitted via EDAS in PDF (formatted for 8.5x11-inch
paper). Reviews will be single-blind, i.e., the papers should include the
author names and affiliations.

----------------------------------------------------
Important Dates
----------------------------------------------------
Paper Submission: January 10th, 2017
Author Notification: February 22nd, 2017
Camera Ready: March 12th, 2017
Workshops Day: May 1st, 2017

----------------------------------------------------
*Workshop Co- chairs*
----------------------------------------------------
Petros Spachos, University of Guelph, Canada
Angelos Marnerides, Lancaster University, UK
Amit Dvir, Ariel University, Israel

----------------------------------------------------
Steering Committee
----------------------------------------------------
Mike Devetsikiotis, University of New Mexico, USA
Alberto Leon-Garcia, University of Toronto, Canada

-- 
Amit Dvir, Ph.D.
Senior Lecturer (Assistant Professor)
Department of Computer Science
Center for Cyber Technologies (CCT)
Ariel University
Building 56
Room 56.0.49
Office phone: +972-74-723 <%2B972-74-780-8943>*-3019*