Subject: [Sdn] Workshop on 'Managing Networks of Things' - November 13th 2016 - Seoul - Co-located with IETF97

From: Kohei Shiomoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 19:46:54 +0900

Dear SDN-RG community

The following workshop will be co-located with IETF 97 in Seoul, which 
may be interesting to you.

Kohei

*--------------------------------------------------
Managing Networks of Things*
Sunday, November 13 2016, 13:00-17:00
Kensington Hotel Yoido
Workshop co-located with IETF97 meeting, Seoul, South Korea.
Workshop sponsored by the Wise-IoT project and IRTF NMRG.

Smart environments such as smart cities, smart buildings or smart homes 
experience an unprecedented growth in scale, functionality heterogeneity 
with the massive development of the Internet of Things (IoT).  Driven by 
vastly varying requirements and device capabilities, the networking 
technologies used in IoT solutions are fundamentally heterogeneous, 
spanning from wireless to wireline with very different communication 
characteristics.  In real world deployments, IoT networks are moreover 
often composed by the integration of different sub-networks with their 
respective legacies.  Consequently, the management of the networks 
connecting these devices has become quite complex and often a burden for 
the users and administrators.

This workshop is thus specially interested in the topics listed below:

  * Approaches for the enhanced control and management of IoT networks,
  * Network slicing management for heterogeneous IoT applications,
  * Approaches for more user-friendly security management in IoT networks,
  * IoT semantic inter-operability issues,
  * Automatic/self definition of IoT services composition or service chains,
  * Operational and deployment experiences of IoT networks,
  * IoT architectures supporting network management,
  * Experiences and lessons learned from large-scaled IoT pilot projects,
  * Network virtualization for IoT traffic,

Contributions should be submitted by Monday, November 6th 2016 via 
e-mail to:

  * Noel Crespi ([email-masked])
  * Gyu Myoung Lee ([email-masked])
  * JaeSeung Song ([email-masked])
  * Jaeho Kim ([email-masked])
  * Laurent Ciavaglia ([email-masked])

The workshop will take place on Sunday, November 13th at the Kensington 
Hotel Yoido, from 13:00 to 17:00.
The program will comprise a series of short presentations, with the 
majority of time for open discussions.
This event is sponsored by the the Wise-IoT <http://wise-iot.eu/> 
project, Illumine <http://illumine.wp.tem-tsp.eu> lab, and IRTF NMRG 
<https://irtf.org/nmrg>.