Subject: [seamoby] I-D on MIP QoS Submitted

From: "Hemant Chaskar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 14:51:11

Hi,

Please note that we have submitted following I-D to draft directories. It is 
included in this email as well for quick retrieval. Here are the details of 
the draft:

Title: A Framework for QoS Support in Mobile IPv6
Authors: Hemant Chaskar and Rajeev Koodli
Filename: draft-chaskar-mobileip-qos-01.txt
(00 version was presented in San Diego meeting of MIP WG)

Abstract

This draft describes a solution to perform QoS signaling along
the new network path, when mobile node using Mobile IPv6
acquires a new care-of address. The solution is based on the
definition of new option called QoS OBJECT OPTION. This option
is included in the hop-by-hop extension header of certain
packets, preferably the ones carrying binding messages,
propagating between mobile node and correspondent node
or between mobile node and regional mobility agent(s). Such an
approach takes advantage of mobility signaling inherent in
Mobile IPv6 to program QoS forwarding treatment as well, along
the new network path. It naturally blends in with micro-mobility
techniques. Further, compared to using RSVP, our solution has
much smaller latency until QoS forwarding treatment is
programmed over the new network path after handover.

Thanks,
Hemant Chaskar
Nokia
_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com