Subject: RE: [seamoby] QoS and Mobile IP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 12:20:30 -0600

> => The solution of enclosing QoS Object in hop-by-hop
 > extension header, preferably with binding messages, performs
 > fast reservation on forward path. 

   No it doesn't. If it needs to go clear back to the
   correspondent node to change filter specs, you're
   already too slow in the degeneate case. 

-----> No, you don't get the point still. You have to 
-----> realize that packet carrying QoS object PRECEDES any 
-----> data packets using new CoA. Please read the illustration that
-----> I gave in previous email again. Hence, QoS forwarding will
-----> be in place when these new CoA packets hit the intermediate
-----> routers. RSVP takes one round trip time for that.

---

From: Michael Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 07:12:59 -0800 (PST)

> -----> routers. RSVP takes one round trip time for that. 

  What makes you think that other packets will not
  overtake the qos establishment packet? FIB based
  forwarding is a whole lot faster than installing
  a reservation.

	Mike