Subject: [seamoby] Killing the thread (I'm trying)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 18:41:56 -0600

If these issues were not of systemic importance to the future of SeaMoby the
thread would
have died long ago.  Some people try to ride dead horses, some people dig up
bones,
some people bury the hatchet.  This letter will do a bit of each.

1).  I no longer can nor do I advocate OBAST!  I agree with some of its high
level
      priciples. That technology is owned by Motorola, Inc. .  There are some
parts in
      the public domain of limited use.

2).  Micro-mobility was a tiny portion of OBAST, like an elephant's trunk.

3).  The SeaMoby charter is an IESG creation and has nothing
       to do with either OBAST or the CRAPS BOF.

4).  You will agree with me that the SeaMoby charter is composed of the work MIP
       no longer wanted or did not want to work on.

If we can agree to the above, I will be content that the truth is out about what
SeaMoby is "currently" woking on and what its IETF prospects are.   I will then
shut up (clap clap clap) bury all  hatchets and get to work.  BTW,  I find it
extremely
diffiticult to justify anything without architectural context.

Thanks,

Phil