Subject: RE: [seamoby] IETF Architecture Work (RANT)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 09:11:10 +0300

Hi Jim,

> At a minimum we need to do good Requirements Definition and Analysis
> phase.  That has been missing in many working groups for a few years.
> That helps with sorting assumptions and guiding light out.

I'll second your proposal.  I'd like to see a brief exercise
of stating what the actual problem we are trying to solve is;
and then start to make requirements.

I think we all jump to quickly to the solution stage.  A little
more time thinking about what we want to do before we do it
can help a lot.

cheers,
John

---

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:11:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hi John,

Words of wisdom we should listen too.  100% agree....

/jim