Subject: RE: [seamoby] SeaMoby MicroMobility Work

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 08:48:48 +0300

Hi Gary,

> I don't really want to hop on the "doom and gloom" bandwagon,
> and I don't see ranting as being constructive. But, I really think
> that both John's and Jim's responses to Andrew's posting have
> missed the point, or at least one part of the point.

With all due respect, you misunderstand me.   I am suggesting
that if folks are not happy with the current state of affairs,
then they should propose and work on solutions that they 
see as viable - rather than complaining.  I think that the IRTF
has done excellent work in the past and I do not doubt that 
the work on micromobility (or whatever you want to call it)
will be good.  I'd further suggest that folks on the SeaMoby
list actively participate in it.

Anyhow, there has been no responses to the last version of the
MM Problem Statement (v01) before or after the IETF meeting.
This seems to indicate that this work is unimportant. 

As far as the other related work in SeaMoby that I outlined in the
original mail, I have yet to get any useful feedback on it (except
for Phil R.).  What this does is make me think that everyone would
sooner bitch & moan about the current state of affairs rather than
offer anything new.  

Anyhow, I'd say that this thread is just about dead ...

John

---

From: "Phil Neumiller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 06:01:07 -0500

Hi John,

On the contrary,  I think many of us are tired of being yelled at for
being out of scope.  I think a new list would allow the creative
juices to flow again.  Maybe it won't be a BOF right away, maybe
it will take some honing and a bit of time, but at least many of us
would be freed from the shackles that are imposed by the
charters we have in MIP and SeaMoby.  BTW, I agree that
SeaMoby people should get involved in the IRTF work.  I still
believe SeaMoby has a good group of folks to help lead us
into the post cellular age of wirelesss Internet as well.

-Phil

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>