Subject: RE: [seamoby] IRTF mm problem statement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 22:47:45 +0300

Hi Phil,

> It would probably help if it had a set of proposed deliverables.

I like the draft so far, I think the minimalist approach is the
right way.  I'd suggest setting a time limit for comments, after
which you send it to the drafts editor.

br,
John

---

From: James Kempf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 15:56:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Phil,

Good summary. One thing you might want to incude is a "Related Problems"
section. Erik Nordmark mentioned that one problem with BGP is that
it is not possible to deliver targetted updates on particular
attributes, and that this is sort of related to the problem with targetted
propagation of host routes. Erik may be able to explain more. Perhaps this is 
generalizing the problem too much, but if some technology could be developed 
that is broadly applicable to targetted routing updates, and this could be 
applied across a wide variety of routing protocols, it might result in a benefit 
beyond the immediate area of mobility management. Or maybe this research
is too general for IRTF, I don't have a very good feeling about how
broad a problem can be for IRTF to consider it well defined enough
to tackle.

		jak