Subject: [seamoby] How to proceed with Context Transfer

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:03:13 -0700

All,

As you may know, Gary is in the process of submitting the first version of the
requirements specification out to the secretariat. Of course, we all understand
that there are existing discussions which may require changes to the requirements
spec, and these can be present in a follow on revision.

Since the first version of the spec is being released, I believe that the CT design team
has completed its intended goal. So, I'd like to conclude the design team, and
would *really* like to thank Gary for doing a great job. I'm sure that to those
of you that have participated know, there have been some trying times, and dealing with
these, while remaining objective, is difficult. Through all of this, Gary has come up
with the first version of the spec, which is very good. Furthermore, Gary did a fantastic
job with the Problem Statement.

So, I hope that you'll all join me in thanking Gary for his hard work in the past 
few months.

Thanks Gary!

I will keep the design team list up and running for a few more days, but ask that
people redirect the mails over to the main list. The archives, of course, will still
be available.

Now that the first revision will be made available, I see that there are still some
issues that remain to be resolved. So, I'd like to borrow from a process that the
AAA WG has been using for some time now in resolving Diameter issues. The process
is that one opens an issue, by sending an e-mail to the list with [Issue] in the
subject, and by filling out the set of fields that you can find in the diameter
issues web page (http://www.diameter.org/issues.html). I will be creating a similar
web page for seamoby context transfer.

When submitting an issue, a number will be assigned, and all discussions on that
issue should include Issue nn: (where nn is the number assigned by me). Submitted
issues SHOULD include proposed text, if possible.

Again, the main idea here is to try to better track the set of pending issues,
ensure that proposed text is not lost and help me determine consensus, when necessary.

The web page that I will create to track all issues will be at
http://www.diameter.org/seamoby-ct-issues.html (it isn't there yet, so hold on :)

Thanks,

PatC