Subject: [seamoby] Question on CT req 4.9

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:25:25 -0700

This require appears to imply that a context transfer is a one-shot event. The whole
enchalada is sent when handoff occurs. Although I tend to agree with this, I would
claim that in my mind (at least) it seems feasible for high priority data to be
collected and transferred (e.g. HC state), while lower priority data be sent 
a few seconds later (e.g. AAA accounting information). 

The reason why perhaps this may be useful is that if the packet size, and hence
context state, of the high priority data is small enough, it will be faster to
build on the oAR, parse, and install on nAR.

Has this discussion already taken place? Was there a decision that was taken?

Thanks,

PatC

---

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 11:56:35 -0700

We need to send those contexts that would otherwise become stale along with handover
(per-packet state considerations). The remaining contexts _could_ be sent separately
depending on the performance/MTU  considerations. The former might be what you mention
as high-priority contexts and the latter the low-priority contexts.

Regards,

-Rajeev