Subject: [seamoby] CT transfer duration vs MN dwell time

From: Phillip Neumiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 12:51:54 -0400

Hi,

The dwell time of a MN on a given AR may be getting shorter
and shorter with newer technologies.  In fact it could only
be a few packets with emerging technologies before the
MN has commenced communication with a new set of ARs.  Think
of high speed vehicles moving across micro-cells.

For this reason it seems reasonable to introuce a method for
AR clustering in the CT sense perhaps independent of security.
For example a given CT cluster may have a pre-ordained implied
trust relationship that is independent of the actual AD 
boundaries.  This also may allow for a better way to handle 
the multi-phasic transfers, i.e. the "hot" context is still 
sent inside an MTU but the "cold" stuff can just be slushed
between CT clusters.  Thoughts?

Thanks,

Phil
--
Mesh Networks, Inc. (www.meshnetworks.com)
Phillip D. Neumiller
[email-masked] PH: 1-407-659-5387