Subject: [seamoby] L2 API (WAS: Ext. for FMIPv6 - comments)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 10:13:40 +0300

Hi James,

> In fact, I am preparing just such a draft as we speak. The 
> intent is to take the material from the BETH draft and from 
> the FMIPv4 draft and perhaps add something on the link with 
> Seamoby context transfer.

I think this would be extremely worthwhile.  It seems that 
SeaMoby is currently struggling over terminology about
triggers, etc. with respect to handovers.  I'd even suggest
that interested parties from both MIP & SeaMoby get together
in London to discuss how to move forward.  Perhaps it would 
be a good thing if MIP & SeaMoby could work together on this
issue - in order to assure that the resultant work suits both
groups.

best regards,
John

---

From: James Kempf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 22:13:26 -0700

John,

(Folks, sorry for the cross posting, please try to respond on
one or the other list unless the topic affects both...)

There is a draft in preparation with people from both Seamoby
and MIP on the author list. These are people with whom
I have talked and who have expressed interest in working on such a
draft over the last year. The draft has a section on L2 triggers
that came out of the MIP fast handoff work, then a section
that describes connections with Seamoby context transfer.
I expect we will have it complete by next Fri.'s 00 deadline.

We have already talked to the MIP WG chairs about getting
time on the agenda to discuss the draft, what I'd like
to suggest is that we do the same for Seamoby. That
will give both WGs the opportunity to review and comment
on the draft. I will talk with Pat about that when he gets
back from vacation.

                 jak

---

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 17:03:17 -0700

Hello James,

I wonder if you had a look at our CT draft:
draft-koodli-seamoby-ctv6-00.txt..

We don't have discussion about L2 triggers in that draft, but,
definitely context transfers and handovers. Indeed, we describe how to
do context transfers with FMIPv6. Our approach clearly separates what a
feature context is from the message in which it is carried so that one
could use them in appropriate messages, including HI and HAck. We plan
to submit a revised version for London IETF.

Regards,

-Rajeev