Subject: [seamoby] I-D draft-sarikaya-seamoby-hmip6hp-00.txt

From: Xiaofeng Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:44:16 -0700

Hello,
  We submitted an I-D to IETF. It is also available at:
http://www.geocities.com/bsarikaya/draft-sarikaya-seamoby-hmip6hp-00.txt

Abstract

   This document specifies Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 Hierarchical Paging
   (HMIPv6HP), an IP host alerting protocol which is a link-layer
   independent extension to Hierarchical Mobile IPv6. The extension
   allows a mobile node to enter a power saving dormant mode during
   which its location is known with coarse accuracy defined by a paging
   area. In the visited domain only the paging mobility anchor point
   (PMAP) is responsible for keeping the binding cache entries for
   dormant mobile nodes and, it re-establishes the downlink routes on
   demand by means of paging. Paging is initiated by the paging agent
   (PA) and the access routers in paging areas and does not involve
   periodic layer 3 messages to be sent except for time-slot based
   paging which is optional and is to be used on links with no support
   for layer 2 paging.

Comments welcome.
  Kind regards,
--
Xiaofeng Xu