Subject: [seamoby] I-D ACTION:draft-sarikaya-mobileip-mipv6hp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 06:59:31 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mobile IPv6 Hierarchical Paging
	Author(s)	: B. Sarikaya
	Filename	: draft-sarikaya-mobileip-mipv6hp-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 17-Jul-01
	
This document specifies Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 Hierarchical Paging
(HMIPv6HP), an IP host alerting protocol which is a link-layer
independent extension to Hierarchical Mobile IPv6. The extension
allows a mobile node to enter a power saving dormant mode during
which its location is known with coarse accuracy defined by a paging
area. In the visited domain only the paging mobility anchor point
(PMAP) is responsible for keeping the binding cache entries for
dormant mobile nodes and, it re-establishes the downlink routes on
demand by means of paging. Paging is initiated by the paging agent
(PA) and the access routers in paging areas and does not involve
periodic layer 3 messages to be sent except for time-slot based
paging which is optional and is to be used on links with no support
for layer 2 paging.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-mobileip-mipv6hp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sarikaya-mobileip-mipv6hp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-mobileip-mipv6hp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.