Subject: [seamoby] draft-ietf-seamoby-ct-reqs-02.txt

From: "Gary Kenward" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:07:33 -0500

To help everyone with the newest release, below is a list
of *all* the changes that I have made. I made these changes
based upon the decisions of the working group chairs. I believe
I captured all the accepted changes. In some cases, I had to word 
smith, but I tried to keep the changes to a minimum.

Hope you like it.

Gary

1. Company names removed from author's list

2. 4.9 changed from:

  4.9 The entities transferring context MUST have completed a mutual
      authentication process prior to initiating the transfer. 

to:

  4.9 The entities transferring context MUST support a process for mutual
      authentication prior to initiating the transfer. 

3. 4.13 changed from:

  4.13 The context information provided for transfer MUST be reliable.

to:

  4.13 The context transfer solution WILL NOT verify the context information
       prior to transfer.
  
     The context transfer solution may provide mechanisms to support the 
     reliable transfer of context, however, it is not the purpose of the
context
     transfer solution to verify the context at the source prior to
transfer. 

     The effectiveness of context transfer in enhancing handover between ARs

     would very likely be compromised if the context at the source is
malformed.
     Nonetheless, ensuring the integrity of the context at the source
requires
     specific knowledge of the syntax and semantics of the context
representation
     for each feature and this is outside the scope of the context transfer
solution.

4. New (note: this requirements was suggested for section 5 - 5.6.1, however
it
   seems to fit better in second 4, right after the mobility requirements):

  4.16 The context transfer solution MUST include methods for interworking
       with any IETF IP handover solutions.

5. New:

  4.17 The context transfer solution MUST be scalable.

6. 5.1.2 changed from:

  5.1.2 The context transfer protocol design MUST define a standard 
        representation for conveying context information that will be 
        interpreted uniformly and perspicuously by different 
        implementations.

to
 
  5.1.2 The context transfer protocol design MUST define a standard 
        representation for encapsulating context information in the IP
packet
        payload that will be interpreted uniformly and perspicuously by 
        different implementations.
 
  Note: I couldn't come up with a better term then "encapsulate".
Denotatively,
  it is an accurate description of what should happen. I'm not sure what
connotative
  baggage the term carries.

Gary