Subject: [seamoby] Re: I-D ACTION:draft-funato-seamoby-gaard-00.txt

From: Jonathan Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 22:38:52 -0800

As mentioned in the draft, the use of SLP is similar to its use
in IEEE IAPP. However, the two standards have different service
types (and may end up with different service definitions when
GAARD's service template is written). IAPP has
service:dot11-iapp, while GAARD has service:gaard.

Since the two services are so similar, you might want to=12sync up
the two proposals and create a common service definition.
If you find that a single type can't cover the peculiarities of
differnet links and their capabilities, you could create a common
abstract type (with just one attribute, the L2 identifier), and
then create concrete types for each different link, as needed. See
rfc2609 (Service Templates and Service: Schemes) for more
information on how to do this.

Jonathan

> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
> directories.
>
>
> 	Title		: Geographically Adjacent Access Router Discovery
>                           Protocol
> 	Author(s)	: D. Funato et al.
> 	Filename	: draft-funato-seamoby-gaard-00.txt
> 	Pages		: 20
> 	Date		: 21-Nov-01
> 	
> This document describes a scheme (GAARD) that discovers geographically
> adjacent access routers (GAARs). This is accomplished through a
> distributed process whereby all mobile hosts associated with the
> current access router identify geographically adjacent access routers
> by their corresponding Link-Layer beacons sent by geographically
> adjacent access points.
>