Subject: [seamoby] FW: [techb] Fwd: SC7/2001-149: N2544 JTC1/SC7 Consolidated Vocabu lary.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 07:43:27 +0200

This maybe of interest for the terminology ID. - Kimmo
-----Original Message-----
From: ext Robar Terry-ctr044 [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 29. October 2001 17:33
To: Robinson Jeff-RVDS40; [email-masked]';
[email-masked]; adrian_p_whitfield; byronsmith; chism;
chowlett; christison margaret; Robar Terry-ctr044; Dan; DaveGlanville;
DaveThomen; deverett; djstemm; DMDurham; DorothyMcKinney; dwoliver;
FrankMaty; Rick Steiner; georgecaple917; GerryGraves; heimann; ianbailey;
jelong; jnallon; josephsimpson; julianjohnson; KenJackson; Howard Lykins;
MartinH; Michael_Giblin; Michael Dickerson; Mike Keenan; Martha Nicholson;
Paul A. Nelson; Dr. Phil Spiby; Robert M. Cohen; RogerCox; RussellPeak;
sbarbeau; Schier-Jim; SeanBarker; sfriedenthal; Sharon Shoshany; sherwood;
smahearn; Simon Phillips; tomthurman; Velman; WillScott; 'Bernd G. Wenzel';
Friedenthal, Sanford; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; Robitaille, Paul; Chonoles, Michael J; Sturges, Jim
Subject: FW: [techb] Fwd: SC7/2001-149: N2544 JTC1/SC7 Consolidated Vocabu
lary.

I'm not sure if there is overlap between distribution lists but wanted to
get pass this on given AP233 terminology task in progress.  My apologies for
any repeat addresses in the concatenated list. Terry
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 9:05 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [techb] Fwd: SC7/2001-149: N2544 JTC1/SC7 Consolidated Vocabulary.

Here is an interesting compilation of terminology from 34 different
standards (eg, 9000, 15288, and 731) and other standards-like documents (eg,
SE-CMM).  Click on the URL to download a ZIP file of about 400KB in size.   

This "vocabulary" is provided in two formats -- Excel and Access.  The
Access database is particularly useful since the terms are all in one module
and they can be sorted by the "term" column to see how various standards
define the same term in different manners.  Of particular interest are such
terms as system, system architecture, requirement, traceability, system
design, system development, and so on. 

Your WGs may find this useful when trying to determine what term to use in
their own work.  They should at least be aware of how the various standards
use certain terms in their own domain of expertise.   

James 

----- Forwarded by James N Martin/East/Aerospace/US on 10/29/01 09:52 AM
----- 

	Robert Halligan <[email-masked]> 

10/26/01 11:32 PM 

        To:        "Ken Crowder" <[email-masked]> 
        cc:        "James Martin" <[email-masked]> 
        Subject:        Fwd: SC7/2001-149: N2544 JTC1/SC7 Consolidated
Vocabulary.	

---------------- Begin Forwarded Message ----------------
Date:        01/10  1:51 PM
Received:    01/10  2:08 PM
From:        JTC1/SC7 Secretariat, [email-masked]
To:          SC7 Advisory Group,, [email-masked]

========================================================================
    MESSAGE IDENTIFIER: ISO/IEC JTC1/SC7/Secretariat/SC7-2001-149
========================================================================

                                                  ISO/IEC JTC1/SC7 N2544

Document Type     Memo

Title             JTC1/SC7 Consolidated Vocabulary.

Source            JTC1/SC7 SWG2 Convener.

Project

Status

Reference         N2491

Action ID         FYI or ACT

Due Date

Mailing Date      2001-09-30

Distribution      SC7 AG, SC7 Project Editors

Medium            Acrobat and Access zipped

Number of pages

Note              All Conveners and Project Editors have a responsibility
to
                 ensure that the vocabulary in their documents is
consistent
                 with the JTC1/SC7 vocabulary.

URL:
http://saturne.info.uqam.ca/Labo_Recherche/Lrgl/sc7/N2501-N2550/07n2544.zip

 -------------------------------------------------------------------
|Jean-Normand Drouin                          email: [email-masked] |
|JTC1/SC7 Secretariat                                               |
|Bell Canada                                                        |
|1050 Beaver Hall Hill, fl.2                    TEL: (514) 391-8286 |
|Montreal (Quebec) H2Z 1S4                      FAX: (514) 870-2246 |
|Canada                                                             |
|SC7 WebSite: http://saturne.info.uqam.ca/Labo_Recherche/Lrgl/sc7/  |
-------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------- End Forwarded Message -----------------

__________________________________________________________________
Robert Halligan                            [email-masked]
Managing Director                          Phone:  +61 3 9876 7345
Technology Australasia Pty Ltd             Fax:    +61 3 9876 2664
PO Box 2385, North Ringwood Vic 3134       Res:    +61 3 9876 3799
Australia

Private email: [email-masked]
Helping projects succeed ...
http://www.taa.com.au
__________________________________________________________________