Subject: RE: [Seamoby] Paging Expertise

From: "Pat R. Calhoun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 09:53:31 -0800

Behcet,
 
Please discontinue any further procedural discussions on the list,
and continue with the technical threads. In case you are interested,
the procedures for gauging WG concensus can be found in RFC 2026.
 
As I previously stated, Jim, Allison and I are discussing the
possible paths forward and will notify the WG of our findings.
 
PatC

- -----Original Message-----
From: Behcet Sarikaya [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 9:40 AM
To: Baba S
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Seamoby] Paging Expertise

I am starting a new thread here.
It is not true that there are no paging experts out there who can
make judgements on architectural and algorithmic aspects of
solutions. On IP Paging I can mention Ramjee Ramachandran (Lucent),
Claude Castelluccia (Inria), Andrew Campbell (Columbia).
  Layer 2 paging is an old area, there are so many academic
researchers who wrote papers just look in any ICC, Globecom, Infocom
proceedings. 

Regards,
Baba S wrote:

Hi Behcet,

May I propose the following alternatives:
- - restart the selection process which means let everybody to revise
and 
resubmit independently which of course is open to the new players;
This solution brings the assessment problem, then the assessment
process 
should be agreed. I would recommend getting expert opinion rather
than 
the volunteers.

How about assessing each other. Since we don't have
so much experts so far, I think.

- --behcet