Subject: RE: [Seamoby] Terminology Draft Needed

From: "Pat R. Calhoun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 08:27:36 -0800

I brought this topic up with the ADs again yesterday, and there seems
to be agreement that such a document is necessary. However, it would
be useful if this document also included the security terminology
that we use, since it conflicts with some of the terms used WGs in
other areas (e.g. IPSec).

PatC

- -----Original Message-----
From: Phil Neumiller [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 6:39 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Seamoby] Terminology Draft Needed

Hi,

I have seen Charlie pull out the terminology draft at least a few
times! :-)  Why can't 
some WG chair in SeaMoby or MANET adopt it as WG draft?

http://people.nokia.net/~charliep/txt/seamoby/term.txt

It seems that many times arguments are over terminology.  IMO, I
would like to 
the SeaMoby WG become a bridge between MANET and MIP technologies, 
especially with respect to AR discovery and CT.  This terminology
draft would make a very nice addition to the SeaMoby WG draft list.  

Best regards,

Phil

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:17:52 -0800

Hello folks,

This is a good idea.  Where can we find a list of the acceptable
security terminology to incorporate into the terminology draft?

Regards,
Charlie P.

> "Pat R. Calhoun" wrote:
> 
> 
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> 
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: PGPfreeware 7.0.3 for non-commercial use <http://www.pgp.com>
> 
> iQA/AwUBPEWp+DN1fXKoxmisEQKpKwCgsuQlnVlOxREcl5hKPmD76ZrjI74AoLNh
> bL1hxFHUR1waVYM8pGeJbZW/
> =JrHd
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

---

From: Frank Kargl <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 08:47:06 +0100

Hi Charlie,

> security terminology to incorporate into the terminology draft?

There are many such compilations in the web, e.g.:
http://www.securitypanel.org/glossary.html
http://www.certmag.com/issues/jul01/securityterms.cfm
http://www.setsolutions.com/security.htm

As MANET and Security is one of my focal points of interest, I would
gladly volunteer to compile such a security glossary. The important
point is how extensive such a glossary should be. Either we focus on
terms that are directly related to MANETs/Mobility or we try to compile
a glossary on everything that relates to security in general. I think
that only the first approach makes sense.

Ciao ... Frank

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Frank Kargl          Multimedia Computing, University of Ulm, Germany
 Mail:[email-masked] http://www.uni-ulm.de/~fkargl/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
   Use the SOURCE, Luke !  I feel a great disturbance in the SOURCE.
            But beware of the Microsoft side of the SOURCE !