Subject: RE: [Seamoby] delay data requested

From: "Shahrier, Sharif M." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 11:36:09 -0500

I am trying to do some calculations on the packet transfer delay between a
pair of ARs. I would like to know what is the raw delay (approx.) to
transfer a 32-bit word from the oldAR to the newAR. I expect this
information was used in some way in the calutations of handover protocols.
If someone can help, I would be grateful, if you can send me a direct
e-mail, as well as posting onto the list.
Thanks.
 
-Sharif.

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 12:45:59 -0800

Hi Sharif,

It depends on how the oldAR is connected to the newAR. if they are
connected directly, it takes less than 1 ms.

Vijay

Shahrier, Sharif M. wrote:

> I am trying to do some calculations on the packet transfer delay between 
> a pair of ARs. I would like to know what is the raw delay (approx.) to 
> information was used in some way in the calutations of handover 
> protocols. If someone can help, I would be grateful, if you can send me 
> a direct e-mail, as well as posting onto the list.
> 
> Thanks.
> 
>  
> 
> -Sharif.
> 

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby