Subject: Re: [Seamoby] Examples of CAR discovery

From: "Govind Krishnamurthi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 10:48:32 -0500

Hello James,

>Well, we need to confirm this with Allison, but my reading of the
>Seamoby charter does not include anything on doing QoS for handover. I
>believe NSIS was established for purposes of consolidating all the QoS
>for wireless work. Of course, if that isn't covered and the WG wants to
>expand the charter we could discuss it when we finish our current work
>items.
>

[Govind] CAR discovery informs the capabilities of the AR (here QoS) to the 
TAR selection protocol. I think this is very different from the act of doing 
explicit QoS signalling.

Also, if QoS support is recognized as a capability of the AR, we don't need 
to expand the charter of the WG, IMHO.

Again from the CAR discovery issues draft, Section 5.2:

"For example, the MN may
need some hardware or software support from the AR or need some
application servers topologically close to the AR, to run certain
IP-based applications. Support for QoS, security, multicast, header
compression etc. are some other aspects that need to be considered
when choosing the CAR for MN's handoff. "

Best regards,

Govind.

_________________________________________________________________
Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. 
http://www.hotmail.com

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 09:07:02 -0800

Govind,

The issues draft has not yet been approved by the IESG. Until it is, I
don't think we can rely on specific examples to guide the discussion of
requirements.

            jak

----- Original Message -----
From: "Govind Krishnamurthi" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 7:48 AM
Subject: Re: [Seamoby] Examples of CAR discovery

> Join the world's largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.
> http://www.hotmail.com
>
>

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 09:07:02 -0800

Govind,

            jak