Subject: [Seamoby] ANNOUNCE: new individual submission - draft-estrela-timip-00.txt

From: "Pedro Estrela" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 23:12:29 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is an Individual Submission regarding a new micro-mobility
approach
for legacy terminals.

        Title           : Terminal Independent Mobile IP (TIMIP)
        Author(s)       : P. Estrela, A. Grilo, T. Vazão, M. Nunes
        Filename        : draft-estrela-timip-00.txt
        Pages           : 10
        Date            : March 2002

Abstract:
   IP mobility protocols usually assume that the mobile nodes have a
   mobility-aware IP stack, which is still a scenario that can seldom
   be found nowadays. Most terminals, including laptops and PDAs, still
   use legacy IP stacks, limiting their use to layer-2 mobility between
   Access Points (APs) connected to the same Access Router (AR) within
   a single IP subnet. This document presents Terminal Independent
   Mobile IP (TIMIP), which supports IP mobility of mobility-unaware
   mobile nodes with legacy IP stacks, while fully interoperating with
   Mobile IP to provide macromobility across IP subnets.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-estrela-timip-00.txt

All comments, reviews and suggestions are welcome; please send them
directly to [email-masked] , and not to these mailing lists.

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby