Subject: [Seamoby] RE: NSIS was:Examples of CAR discovery

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 09:20:39 +0300

Hi James,
> > What NSIS will be working on is a generalized framework, to enable
> > end to edge signaling, end to end signaling and perhaps edge to edge
> > signaling.
> >
> > For the end-to-edge signaling, the access network (maybe even the
> > access router) would/could be proxying QoS for network towards the 
> > end node.
> >
> 
> So it sounds to me the only issue is that NSIS would look at 
> prehandoff or posthandoff end to edge (host to network?) signaling 
> rather than at the time of handoff, is that right?

I'm not sure what you mean.  I will say it another way.  NSIS would
not like to re-negotiate QoS after each handoff.  If Seamoby could
do some work with CARD (pre-handoff) and CT (during & post-handoff)
that would make renogotiation less needed, that would be great.

John

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 10:59:16 -0800

John,

Seamoby is only currently chartered to do containers for CT and CAR. We
are not chartered to actually specify feature contexts or descriptions
of capabilities. At least, that is my reading of the current charter.

            jak

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 10:59:16 -0800

John,

            jak