Subject: RE: [Seamoby] Examples of CAR discovery

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:16:13 +0300

James,

> So it sounds to me like dynamic QoS negotiation for handover 
> has fallen between the cracks of the WGs.

Do we need full-blown dynamic QoS negotiation for handover?  Originally
(meaning circa last spring, after the MicroMobility work was removed from
SeaMoby), part of the access router section work was to be a capabilities
exchange between ARs, or so I thought.  Thinking in terms of baby steps,
havning some mechanism which allows a basic mechanisms (which may end up
looking like context tranfer) would not be a bad thing.

To express it more concretely, AR1 and AR2 exchange capability information.
This could be done using context transfer even ...

John

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 08:44:17 -0800

John,

> This could be done using context transfer even ...

I think what is desired here is a way to take IP level QoS into
consideration when selecting the next access point and access router to
move to. Today only power is taken into consideration, and that at Layer
2.

            jak

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 08:44:17 -0800

John,

            jak