Subject: [Seamoby] What aspect of QoS fits in (was examples of CAR...)

From: Nakhjiri Madjid-MNAKHJI1 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 14:45:21 -0600

Charlie,

The work you describe below sounds potentially valuable, but  I really
don't think Seamoby is the right place to standardize it, since it is
not specifically focused on QoS. There may be need for QoS CT, but,
again, I don't think Seamoby's charter extends to standardizing
particular feature contexts. My understanding of the charter is that
Seamoby will be standardizing on a container for CT.

From what John described about about NSIS, I think it would fit into the
charter (i.e. end to edge).

Madjid>> Well there was talk about individual contexts, and 
there has been many drafts submitted, but your view is acceptable,
however, now could you clarify, what would exactly fit in the charter?
QoS context definition in CT, 
or
QoS capability as part of CAR,
or 
QoS end to edge signaling

Thanks.

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 13:10:08 -0800

My reading of the charter is that Seamoby will standardize the container
but not contents.

            jak

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nakhjiri Madjid-MNAKHJI1" <[email-masked]>
To: "'James Kempf'" <[email-masked]>; "Charlie Perkins"
<[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 12:45 PM
Subject: What aspect of QoS fits in (was examples of CAR...)

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 13:10:08 -0800

jak